Opening day Dove

Pheasant, turkey, dove, grouse, partridge, quail, squirrel, rabbits, etc.

Moderators: The Cat Island Drake, birddog crazy

Opening day Dove

Postby Legband#1 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:51 pm

We had a great opener limits all around from a good flight and some great Dog work.
Hunting with my two sons my daughter and grand son made it even better.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Joe Hendrex
Hughson Waterfowl
Marsh Mutt Pro-Staff
G&H Decoy Pro-Staff
Legband#1
hunter

Re: Opening day Dove

Postby 3200 man » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:30 pm

Hey Legband #1 good shooting with your family , you've got some good eats there . That's the way we do it in Hilmar too !

With our football team being a little better , in many years past , Though ! :hi: :yes:
3200 man
hunter

Postby Legband#1 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:59 pm

Hey 3200 if your in Hilmar ca. We're neighbors as far as the forum go's .
Did you have a good opener?
I had several good shoots early season and great dog work as well ,
We have a roost spot we shoot a coupe time a year you set up at 6:00 pm the birds start coming in about 6:30 and your done before shoot light Fast , Furious and Fun.
I shot my ten leaving one in a small walnut tree put the gun away and went to get my bird , I'm afraid I'm not the tree climber I once was and believe it or not the Labrador refused to climb as well , it's all good the nine made a fine meal.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
Joe Hendrex
Hughson Waterfowl
Marsh Mutt Pro-Staff
G&H Decoy Pro-Staff
Legband#1
hunter

Postby 3200 man » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:40 am

I got a invite from my son-in -law to hunt down Fresno way Sunday afternoon , it was a old Fig grove and the birds wanted it.
We shot limits with his GSP retrieving so , it was great . My BLF ,has done well this year too ,but early opening morning she
had a hardtime finding the first bird shot . This bird hit the ground out 45 yds in 14 to 16" weeds , she marked it fine and I
casted her on the line , she went to the area hunted around but , found no bird . I called her back . Then , 3 birds came , my
son killed the first bird and broke the wing on the second , she marked it and as she got to it ,it flapped away as she grabbed it.
Sent her back for # 2 bird , no problem there ,used her nose and went right to it . After retrieving those 2 , I lined her up on
the # 1 birds again , gave her a back command , she went short of the fall so I stopped her and gave her a back again , as she
ran down wind of the bird , she got a nose full , spun around , picked it up with no problem . I guess at first light , she didn't
know what she was after but , now she does !
3200 man
hunter

Postby Legband#1 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:35 pm

First shoot of the season I have heard of worse things , sounds like you a good time , post up a picture of your dog if you get a chance. Gotta go , hope to chat again.
Joe Hendrex
Hughson Waterfowl
Marsh Mutt Pro-Staff
G&H Decoy Pro-Staff
Legband#1
hunter

Return to Upland Game