mouth calls

Pheasant, turkey, dove, grouse, partridge, quail, squirrel, rabbits, etc.

Moderators: The Cat Island Drake, birddog crazy

mouth calls

Postby tealslayerblw » Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:24 pm

whats your guys favorite mouth call for gobblers? i like all of the primos ones in general what do you guys use? and what is your average life expecatancy of a call i got one thats ripping just a LITTLE bit, will this mess with it?
tealslayerblw
hunter

Postby muddydog » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:35 pm

I use the Primos but store them in the refrigerator have some 2 years old
muddydog
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:44 pm

Don't have a real preference but quacker make some good raspy one that I like, the main thing is keeping it dry in between hunt and like muddy said keep them in the frig when you not going to use them any time soon. Take care of them they'll take care of you.
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby stumpjumper » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:52 pm

Presston Pittman for me all the way. I love the black diamond. I also would recommend storing them in the fridge during the off season. Also place toothpicks between the reeds to eliminate sticking. Normally I buy new calls every 2 years. As for the small rip. If it doesn`t effect the pitch of the call your fine. I have a slight ripe in one of mine and it slightly changed the pitch but in a good way. Remember practice, practice and more practice.

STUMP
'Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen..'
stumpjumper
Forum & State Moderator

Postby big_hunter201 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:53 pm

I use a tru tone and a double stacked frame primos...the primos works well for more raspy sounds and the tru tone is made more for a higher pitch younger sounding hen. I also do some gobbles while in the woods and I use my primos for that. I also use Mad Calls and I had a Penn's Woods call that worked really well but I lost it in the woods. I store my calls in the fridge and most of mine last a long time, I have an old hunters specialties call that I don't use anymore that has been around for about 3 years and still blows well...but overall I use mad calls, primos, and tru tone
Duck Dustin' and Goose Bustin'
big_hunter201
hunter

Postby blainedaddy » Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:21 pm

You can't buy a better call the Hook's executioner. Hook's is awesome, they are not real big in your mouth like some of the H.S. strut call, and other ones you can buy at walmart. Check out their website.

hookscalls.com
blainedaddy
hunter

Postby franchi_612 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:09 am

I buy what is on sale at Walmart. I have some Primos and alot of HS Strut. I like them all. I have a Primos I have used the past four years and plan on using again this year.
franchi_612
hunter

Postby goosetalk » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:32 pm

I have used a variety, but now I use Cannon Country Game calls. I was luck y enough to find a whole box of never been opened mouth calls at an auction. Bought the box for $20 for $50 worth of calls. It was good because there were 5 different kinds diaphrams, so now I have everything from high balls to my favorite old raspy sound.
goosetalk
hunter

Postby skybuster20ga » Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:18 pm

i use nothin but my own voice. shot over 12 toms w/ a bow in the last 6 yeaRS. NEVER HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT FORGETTIN YOUR CALL EITHER!
-keep your booger hook off the bang switch 'till your ready to shoot"
skybuster20ga
hunter

Postby stumpjumper » Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:04 pm

What you speak turkey. Can you translate for me :eek:

Nice job brother. That`s someting to be proud of in my book :thumbsup:

STUMP
'Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen..'
stumpjumper
Forum & State Moderator

Postby skybuster20ga » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:01 am

haha my g/f says im a redneck cuz i un-chained the skidder and moved it about 5 miles down rt. 25 instead of on the low bed hahah she says only in maine
-keep your booger hook off the bang switch 'till your ready to shoot"
skybuster20ga
hunter

Return to Upland Game