Spring turkeys anyone??

Pheasant, turkey, dove, grouse, partridge, quail, squirrel, rabbits, etc.

Moderators: The Cat Island Drake, birddog crazy

Postby cut_un » Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:08 pm

Yea, I bet it's rough to get him in close only to muff then shot, but I've seem it happen with a gun also. All I can say is"go get em" :thumbsup:
Big Al's" Take 'Em" Silhouettes Pro Staff

Team Chasin' Feathers
Eastern Shore Rod & Gun Club
Share your passion, take a kid hunting!
cut_un
hunter

Postby skybuster20ga » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:57 pm

this year im goping to use my traditional. ive been shooting it all winter in my basement. i feel comfortable to 25 yds. so we'll see.
-keep your booger hook off the bang switch 'till your ready to shoot"
skybuster20ga
hunter

Postby muddydog » Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:42 pm

I hope to get the first bird with my 835 shooting Win. 3" #5. after that Ill use the Ruger .44 then Ill go after them with my recuve.
muddydog
hunter

Postby A-Bomb » Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:41 am

Since the guys were stating some of their regs for their state, ill chime in.

In Michigan you are allowed 2 turkeys in a year....if your lucky enough to draw a permit in both spring and fall....spring hunting....You must kill a turkey with a visible BEARD (basically a gobbler hunt, ruling out the hens, although i could have killed 3 beared hens thus far, but let em slide :wink: )....fall, either speceis is legal, no beard specification....shotguns or muzzleloading shotguns with shot no bigger than #4's, traditional or compound bows are legal...corssbows if you have a special permit because of a dissability. Rifles are NOT legal to hunt with. As far as motion decoys for turkey hunting...wind powered only...no jerk strings or fancy mechanisms to move the decoy.....not that ive need them so far. :tongue: :thumbsup:

The turkeys are all flocked up up here, but the weather is starting to break. So, i expect them to bust up shortly....Seeing lots of big Toms on the farm i hunt, so i have high hopes for opening day. :biggrin: ...but you know how gobbler huntin' can go. :eek: :rofl:

Whenever your season rolls around...best of luck. :thumbsup:
MDHA Saginaw Bay Chapter
http://www.midha.org/
A-Bomb
hunter

Previous

Return to Upland Game