My turkey hunting season

Pheasant, turkey, dove, grouse, partridge, quail, squirrel, rabbits, etc.

Moderators: The Cat Island Drake, birddog crazy

My turkey hunting season

Postby quackingtim » Thu May 10, 2007 5:57 pm

It started early, opening day in the rain. I hunted w/a good friend, Otis. Two toms came across the field first thing in the morning.

Don't dead turkeys take great pictures when they are wet.

Otis's turkey had two beards while mine never had one. What are the chances of two toms coming in like that again.

Turkeys are not the only thing I hunt this time of year.

Now for the best. My 15 year old nephew got his first turkey. He missed last year. When this jake came in his gun was shaking so bad I was fearing for the worst. He came through this time.

This is the water we had to cross to get to the gobbling jake.

This one of the best moments since hunting the birds.

I told him this is what turkey hunters love. Bird over the shoulder, blood on the rear of your pants ;D ;D.

quackingtim
hunter

Postby Pete-pec » Thu May 10, 2007 6:38 pm

Great hunt! Love the editing and photos. Tell your nephew congrats, and hopefully the first of many more!

-Pete
Pete-pec
Forum & State Moderator

Postby A-Bomb » Thu May 10, 2007 6:38 pm

Quackingtim,
Congratulations to you and your huntin' buds on a succsessful season. I love the pictures. The scenery is beautiful...and the drowned gobblers look pretty good too. :lol: :thumbsup:

Its funny you mention the blood on the back of your pants. I had a half mile walk with my gobbler opening day, so i had to switch shoulders....When I got back to the truck I had two bloody pant legs along with a bloody shirttail. :biggrin: ...The rigors of succsess. :yes:
MDHA Saginaw Bay Chapter
http://www.midha.org/
A-Bomb
hunter

Postby stumpjumper » Thu May 10, 2007 6:55 pm

Congrats on three fine birds there. And it`s truly wonderful to see you and the youngster sharing time in the woods. You can`t get enough moments like that.

As for the soaked birds, I set in the rain for 7 hours watching a tom in the field. Once the rain stopped I gave him a little sweetness and he came on over to an appointment with a mass of #6 shot. Those picks and your story brought back a memory that I will always charish.
Thanks

STUMP
'Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen..'
stumpjumper
Forum & State Moderator

Postby quackingtim » Thu May 10, 2007 9:56 pm

Pete-pec wrote:Great hunt! Love the editing and photos. Tell your nephew congrats, and hopefully the first of many more!

-Pete

I hope it's the first of many. I just noticed that he has the turkey thrown over his shoulder backwards :rofl: . He needs more pratice.
quackingtim
hunter

Return to Upland Game