3 small game licenses this year you?

Pheasant, turkey, dove, grouse, partridge, quail, squirrel, rabbits, etc.

Moderators: The Cat Island Drake, birddog crazy

3 small game licenses this year you?

Postby Grouse » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:51 pm

So this weekend I will achieve 3 . 1 from wisco,1 from the or da U.P., and now one from Il. Pheasants this weekend from my Canada fishing friends. My 10 year ol'springer is having a hell of a retirement tour. :beer:
Nature teaches more than she preaches. There are no sermons in stones. It is easier to get a spark out of a stone than a moral.
Grouse
hunter

Re: 3 small game licenses this year you?

Postby jägare » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:35 pm

Congrats! Sounds like a great year. I'll be out hunting pheasants in Illinois this weekend.
"The chase is among the best of all national pastimes; it cultivates that vigorous manliness for the lack of which in a nation, as in an individual, the possession of no other qualities can possibly atone." - Theodore Roosevelt
jägare
hunter

Postby Rise and Shine Retrievers » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:16 am

My 10 year old Lab is starting to show her age this year and I'm not happy about it. I have my usual 2 licenses, ME & NH. I gotta get in 1 more grouse hunt before the end of the year.

Did someone say pheasants? A couple of weeks ago I was asked to provide some dogs at a private preserve for 2 different events. Very nice folks and the dogs love it.

It ain't over yet :beer:
Attachments
Pheasant Shoot.jpg
Pheasant Shoot.jpg (15.64 KiB) Viewed 584 times
Timberdoodle Cock Bird.jpg
Preserve game, use a well trained retriever.
Rise and Shine Retrievers
hunter

Postby jägare » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:46 pm

Rise and Shine Retrievers wrote:My 10 year old Lab is starting to show her age this year and I'm not happy about it. I have my usual 2 licenses, ME & NH. I gotta get in 1 more grouse hunt before the end of the year.

Did someone say pheasants? A couple of weeks ago I was asked to provide some dogs at a private preserve for 2 different events. Very nice folks and the dogs love it.

It ain't over yet :beer:

Awesome! Looks like there were plenty of birds at that preserve. Bet the dogs loved it.
"The chase is among the best of all national pastimes; it cultivates that vigorous manliness for the lack of which in a nation, as in an individual, the possession of no other qualities can possibly atone." - Theodore Roosevelt
jägare
hunter

Return to Upland Game