***^^ HOME MADE DOVE DECOY^^***

Pheasant, turkey, dove, grouse, partridge, quail, squirrel, rabbits, etc.

Moderators: The Cat Island Drake, birddog crazy

***^^ HOME MADE DOVE DECOY^^***

Postby wingshooter2009 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:37 pm

i just went out and made a dozen dove decoys to put up on a high "T" stake like the one that cabelas has! i made em by taking paper plates and rolling them up to form the basic shape of a dove and tape them around to stay in the fixed position. Next i used primer grey spray paint to put on a base color. After that i lightly sprayed on some black paint and dabed at it with a rag to give it some texture. and finnaly for the body, i got a few grey chicken feathers and glued them to the "wing" of the decoy to give it some realism.

for the head, i took a ping-pong ball and painted it in the primer grey, and took a sharpee for the eyes. for the beak, i cut out a 'beak" from a piece of cardboard, painted it black, and glued it to the front of the ping-pong ball. after i finished the head, i then glued that to the body of the dove in any realistic position on the "head area" of the dove.

im taking it out tomarow to see if it works....wish me luck!! :thumbsup:
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; Genisus 27:3

"Duck Hunting Is like a Box of Chocolates... You Never Know What You're Gonna Get!"
wingshooter2009
hunter

Postby wingshooter2009 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:40 pm

oh! for the stake i used PVC pipes and painted it to a natual camo design. snd to keep the decoy mounted on the stake or whatever you deside to put it on, i used a wooden clothes clip.
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; Genisus 27:3

"Duck Hunting Is like a Box of Chocolates... You Never Know What You're Gonna Get!"
wingshooter2009
hunter

Postby Sushimon » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:08 am

:eek: Welll...How did it go? Did they do the job? [/list]
Sushimon
hunter

Return to Upland Game