Dove Hunting Accident

Pheasant, turkey, dove, grouse, partridge, quail, squirrel, rabbits, etc.

Moderators: The Cat Island Drake, birddog crazy

Dove Hunting Accident

Postby Decoy54 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:02 pm

While hunting in IL on opening day of dove season - Lou gets what we all hope never happens - he was shot.

His story and pictures of the wounds is listed on www.724outdoors.com - Hunting article, titled "I've been Shot!".

Take a second and think be for you shoot. I do not know who feels worse today - the shooter that has not come forward or Lou with his healing wounds.
Tak 'em
Decoy54
hunter

Postby ncduckkiller » Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:24 pm

Holy smoke, that had to have been painful. I remember back when I was about 15 I shot at a deer with buckshot, there was 9 pellets and 8 went into the deer and one went into my cousins forearm. Had no idea he was anywhere in the area at the time. Unbelievable how well camo works when it shouldn't. Was hunting alone and he just happened to be in the same area by a twist of fate (or lack thereof) I can't imagine the pain this guy was going through and only hope and pray I never do.
If you hunt WITH your kids now you won't hunt FOR your kids tomorrow.
ncduckkiller
hunter

Postby Montanafowler » Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:32 am

thank God he is still alive, he should have bought a lotto ticket after that! hopefully people will be more aware while hunting after reading this story, I was almost shot last season by one of my friends, i got lucky and the spread missed me by about ten feet.
Booney3721 wrote:Try being a dishwasher/Grill cook/ellectrition/garbage disposer and your owner/boss is a fat greek woman who cals you names as Retard, stupid, idiot, molocah, f*** face and tard, and tells you that you was the inspiration for abortion and birth control.
Montanafowler
Forum Moderator

Return to Upland Game