Rabbit Hunting

Pheasant, turkey, dove, grouse, partridge, quail, squirrel, rabbits, etc.

Moderators: The Cat Island Drake, birddog crazy

Postby Sniper John » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:02 pm

Not too expensive at all. I kept it to mostly camping, some cheap motels if If someone came along to split the cost. Whenever possible I cooked and ate game killed. Sometimes had to to stay within the possession limits. The only real expense was fuel for the truck. By showing respect to the local hunters, they were always helpful to me and sometimes invited me to hunt with them. If you go through Oklahoma, shoot me a pm. I hunt up there a lot. I might have some tips depending on where it is. This is from this years trip, on my own, and on public.

andrew06,
Sorry we did not intend on hyjacking your thread. Be sure to scroll back. I did post a response to your question. :thumbsup:
Sniper John
hunter

Postby skybuster20ga » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:47 pm

this was a fun day. we tookmy little cousin for his first rabbit hunt w/ the boys
-keep your booger hook off the bang switch 'till your ready to shoot"
skybuster20ga
hunter

Postby take1a » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:20 pm

No problem with the thread moving this way and that. It's an interesting read. As for getting a beagle, not sure if or when. Just in the thinking stages right now. Might wind up getting another lab, cuz I'm also considering getting into puddle pheasants (duck) at some point. Thanks for all the input.
take1a
hunter

Postby Crash » Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:46 pm

We run 10 to 12 beagles at a time. Hunt real thick cover and have a ball doing it.

If you're gonna hunt ducks in AMERICA, please use an AMERICAN shot gun.

Don't expect to build up the weak by pulling down the strong.
Calvin Coolidge
Crash
hunter

Previous

Return to Upland Game