Pheasant Hunting in Fresno Ca and surrounding areas

Pheasant, turkey, dove, grouse, partridge, quail, squirrel, rabbits, etc.

Moderators: The Cat Island Drake, birddog crazy

Pheasant Hunting in Fresno Ca and surrounding areas

Postby Briarridgespringers » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:08 pm

I just recently moved to Fresno Ca. I was wondering if anyone was aware of any wild pheasant hunting in the area. I would be willing to travel. I just don't know where to start. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
JG
Briarridgespringers
Newb

Postby mredmond » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:42 pm

Talk to your local gn shop or larger sporting goods store that sells firearms. Most people that work behind a gun counter are hunters. Ask them if they can offer some places to hunt or at the least phone numbers to clubs in the area and call them.
A hunter is one with the world he/she hunts in.
A fisher is one that wants to be in the world he/she fishes in.
mredmond
hunter

Postby DOG ON POINT » Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:20 pm

Ask the same question on the CA hunting thread... seems most of the guys / girls... are from up north. Lots of birds up in the valley. Pixely and that whole area just south of you has a special pheasant hunt. $125 for the season, (fund raiser), you can hunt the farms around there. wild and planted birds. Not sure where you moved from, but CA has alot of good hunting, (mostly private land) but if you do your research you will definitely score... My buddies go back to thier grandma's farm in SD, great hunting for a week... but that is it. Back home I hunt every other weekend for 5 months. (minus the week I sneak off with my buddies :smile: )
I am heading up to willows next weekend for the closing weekend.
GOOD LUCK.
"hunt with your kids now... and you won't have to hunt for them later"
DOG ON POINT
hunter

Return to Upland Game