Done with turkeys

Pheasant, turkey, dove, grouse, partridge, quail, squirrel, rabbits, etc.

Moderators: The Cat Island Drake, birddog crazy

Done with turkeys

Postby gahunter » Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:55 pm

Got my third and limit filling bird of the season yesterday morning. He wasn't huge but I was glad to get him. He had a 9 1/2" beard, 1/2" spurs and weighed 15lbs. Daddy killed a goodun this morning, too. 10 1/2" brd, 1' spurs and 18lbs. From now on I will just be calling for some lucky gunman that gets to shoot the next lustful tom. :laughing:
If the hunting is cold, luckily so is the beer!
gahunter
hunter

Postby gsphunter » Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:10 pm

Season opens on Monday here and you already have three. Wow. I'm going Monday and Tuesday and then again next weekend I think.
gsphunter
hunter

Postby gahunter » Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:14 pm

Good luck! Hope they are hammering at everything and lonely. :thumbsup:
gahunter
hunter

Postby shrpshtr » Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:58 am

ga, when do you want me to come down? :thumbsup: congrats on filling all of your tags.
shrpshtr
hunter

Postby huntmq1 » Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:56 am

It SUX right now! SE Kansas has been horrible, hope Missouri is better. They are hened up really bad in this area right now.
:thumbsdown:
Hey, did you grab the blind bag with the shells when we left the truck?
Safetys, use them: If you can see red, you can get dead!
huntmq1
hunter

Postby donell67 » Sun Apr 17, 2005 9:48 am

congrats on filling your limit. i havent even shot one ever.
donell67
Forum & State Moderator

Postby cmelik10 » Sun Apr 17, 2005 10:53 am

okay you guys are killing me with all these turkey hunting stories. This is the first year in 10 years I haven't been able to get out and I am going nuts, if weren't for dog training I would would be depressed. Congrates on filling your tags.
cmelik10
hunter

Postby gahunter » Sun Apr 17, 2005 6:41 pm

shrpshtr wrote:ga, when do you want me to come down? :thumbsup: congrats on filling all of your tags.

We might could work out something next year. That is if you are willing to swap a duck hunt for it. I will be honest, though. This season has been an unbelievable season. I usually get just 1 or 2 birds a year. I haven't been skunked in 10yrs, but it is still isn't as easy as it sounds. On the other hand, I always try to hold out for good birds. I could have limited out nearly every other year, but I didn't want to shoot jakes. My buddy just stopped by about 10 minutes ago with a good bird. 18 1/2lbs. 2 beards and good spurs. :thumbsup:
gahunter
hunter

Postby CALLEMQUACKTN » Sun Apr 17, 2005 7:03 pm

Finished my season this morning with my third bird. He had a 10.25" beard,1.25" spurs,& 23 lbs. I have also called in 2 other birds for some friends. I will be going out in the morning to help another friend. :cool:
CALLEMQUACKTN
hunter

Postby shrpshtr » Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:04 am

gahunter wrote:
shrpshtr wrote:ga, when do you want me to come down? :thumbsup: congrats on filling all of your tags.

We might could work out something next year. That is if you are willing to swap a duck hunt for it. I will be honest, though. This season has been an unbelievable season. I usually get just 1 or 2 birds a year. I haven't been skunked in 10yrs, but it is still isn't as easy as it sounds. On the other hand, I always try to hold out for good birds. I could have limited out nearly every other year, but I didn't want to shoot jakes. My buddy just stopped by about 10 minutes ago with a good bird. 18 1/2lbs. 2 beards and good spurs. :thumbsup:

ga, i'd be glad to swap a duck hunt for it. maybe you can come up here and help me find some... :thumbsup: seriously though, we just don't have them around here unless it is an unusually cold winter and then it's only on days when they are shooting private ponds, scwa lands, etc. we can try though...

PM me and we'll discuss in detail. i would absolutely be interested in it.
shrpshtr
hunter

Return to Upland Game