Turkey Season

Pheasant, turkey, dove, grouse, partridge, quail, squirrel, rabbits, etc.

Moderators: The Cat Island Drake, birddog crazy

Turkey Season

Postby cmsu870 » Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:17 pm

Well, Turkey season is about to open up in Missouri and I can't wait. I've only been turkey hunting a few times and never had a chance to bag one. Gsphunter might possibly be calling and video taping for me, so, I'm constantly thinking about that big gobbler walking into the bead. Are any of you guys big turkey hunters? Well, hopefully we can bag one this year.
They make those?
Tyler
cmsu870
State Moderator

Postby gahunter » Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:21 pm

Oh yeah! Big turkey hunter would be an understatement just ask my wife. I limited out yesterday morning. The season has been in for 2 weeks and I've already gotten my 3 and called in one that my brother killed. The specs are on some other topics I posted in the honey hole. Good luck! :salude:
If the hunting is cold, luckily so is the beer!
gahunter
hunter

Postby shrpshtr » Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:00 am

cmsu, i'll hunt anything. i enjoy turkey hunting but am relatively new to it. i love the idea of it, the only problem is, our best bass fishing is during the month of turkey season... :pissed: every year i say i am gonna hunt turkeys more but then those darn fish start biting...
shrpshtr
hunter

Postby cmsu870 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:11 am

yeah, i never really got into turkey hunting, I always hunted deer and ducks and did a little fishing. This will only be my third time out in the woods for turkey, so, hopefully a gobbler will stumble my way.
They make those?
Tyler
cmsu870
State Moderator

Postby gsphunter » Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:12 pm

Shrpshtr I know what you're talking about. It's big time bass tournament season right when turkey season comes along. Such a dilemna. Sound like me in the fall too though. Deer, Ducks, quail, pheasant, turkeys. I always ask why I can't have 200 hundred years to live, although then I still wouldn't be happy probably.
Brian
"Because a duck is just a 3 pound critter"
Keith Allen
gsphunter
hunter

Postby huntmq1 » Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:06 am

Just wait! When that big strutter walks up within 20 or so yards and gobbles, you'll freak! It's great! Good luck guys!
:thumbsup:
Hey, did you grab the blind bag with the shells when we left the truck?
Safetys, use them: If you can see red, you can get dead!
huntmq1
hunter

Postby CALLEMQUACKTN » Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:16 pm

Well I got my second bird this morning. I did not shoot it till 10:10am. this morning. I hunted for 4 hours this morning. Called him in with his 5 hens. That bird was HOT! He strutted & gobbled all morning. I had to cluck to get him out of the strut. Shot him @ 20 yds.
CALLEMQUACKTN
hunter

Postby CALLEMQUACKTN » Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:08 pm

I forgot tell ya'll it had two beards! :getdown: This makes my fourth bird with more than one beard. Three with 2 beards & one with 3 beards.
CALLEMQUACKTN
hunter

Postby gahunter » Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:33 pm

That's badass! :salude:
If the hunting is cold, luckily so is the beer!
gahunter
hunter

Postby donell67 » Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:26 pm

congrats callemquacktn :thumbsup:
donell67
Forum & State Moderator

Postby phillipstd » Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:00 pm

I don't know how easy hunting it is everywhere else, but up here it's still got snow on the ground, its steep, 300feet in a quarter mile too a cliff, steep, and wet, washington wet, ours opened this weekend, I got my first one fri, my buddy sat, then we drove three hours and tried to get a different species but only had one morning and the one we started on an hour before light got shot before we got all the way there, oh well, I'm smoked though, when you get a tom come in to within 10 yards and gobble it's pretty cool, we got a couple on tape, its almost as cool as a monster elk bugaling and pissed at 10 yards, but that makes me shake a little more.
phillipstd
hunter

Postby CALLEMQUACKTN » Sun Apr 17, 2005 6:53 pm

CONGRATS ON THE BIRD! :thumbsup: Nothing like getting your first bird. Did you call it in your self? I ended my season this morning with my third bird. Shot it @ 10:30am. HAD A 10.25" BEARD, 1.25" SPURS,& 23 LBS. I can still get one more bird on a wma if I get the time, but for the statewide I am limited out. :getdown:
CALLEMQUACKTN
hunter

Postby shrpshtr » Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:00 am

congrats on the birds! i have yet to go... :pissed: it always works out this way for me during turkey season. i have something coming up this weekend too so i probably won't even get to step foot in the turkey woods this year. that sucks....
shrpshtr
hunter

Return to Upland Game