Upland Hunting: Game farm or not

Pheasant, turkey, dove, grouse, partridge, quail, squirrel, rabbits, etc.

Moderators: The Cat Island Drake, birddog crazy

Do you hunt on game farms or in the wild?

game farm
4%
the wild
58%
both
38%

Total votes : 52

Postby PAwaterfowldominator » Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:47 am

I hunt 95% stocked birds here in PA because thats the only choice I have. All I can say about that rumor is that if they are stocked, whoever is breeding those birds can breed the wildest birds I've ever seen. Also, traveling through South Dakota during the summer months, you'll see hundreds of ringnecks just walking along the roads and highway. I guess what I'm saying is you should have laughed in the persons face who mentioned something that stupid.
PAwaterfowldominator
hunter

Postby sdgr8wthnter » Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:43 am

Okay not to bash, but that is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. You can walk a field any day of the year and see pheasants. Some people here raise pheasants, but the reason they do that is so the wild ones don't get eaten and the raised birds do. And they also breed them to bump the population. I know alot of people just raise hens and let them go in the spring so they can have more pheasants in the fall and they don't worry about the pheasants making through the winter. Sorry this got kind of long. But what I'm getting at is that SD doesn't stock the whole state.
sdgr8wthnter
State Moderator

Postby duck jerky » Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:47 pm

only wild. I've thought about a preserve but I just can't bring myself to spend the money.
duck jerky
hunter

Previous

Return to Upland Game