Need help with a special gift

Pheasant, turkey, dove, grouse, partridge, quail, squirrel, rabbits, etc.

Moderators: The Cat Island Drake, birddog crazy

Need help with a special gift

Postby Bluebill Buster » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:08 pm

Fellas, my dad and I have been travelling to NE corner of Nebraska to hunt pheasants the past 5 years. Last year he killed a spectacular bird in our eyes and its at the taxi getting the finishing touches on it. I want to surprise him by making it extra special and I've been looking for the past 3 months to find it with no luck. I'm looking for a used Pheasants Forever Wildlife Managament type sign. I am going to have the taxi mount it to the fence post we brought back from out there. I've tried looking on ebay and PF's online store but the only thing they have are plastic versions. While its close to what I am looking for I'm afraid it just will not fit right... especially since the fencepost is an old cedar post that is quite weathered. I guess you can say I am looking for a vintage type sign.

I'm not looking or asking for anyone to tear down a sign they see! But if there are landowners out there who would be willing to take one of theirs down or has one in their barn they would be willing to sell me I would be quite grateful. I would be more than happy to reimburse you for shipping and whatever you think the sign is worth. I will also buy a replacement sign from PF's online store and have it shipped to you.

Just trying to do something special for my dad and thought this could be the ticket. I have contacted PF but have not heard anything back yet.

Feel free to PM me.

Thank you-

Todd
Bluebill Buster
hunter

Postby rmh » Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:08 pm

You might contact Pheasants Forever, they might not have and "old" one but an old style one. DU has stuff for fowl like that. Also, maybe EBay, although they are on a lot of hunter's crap list right now.
rmh
hunter

Postby YAMAHA RIDER » Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:59 pm

You could try a place like this http://www.buildasign.com/Products

Have them make a decal that looks like a PF sign and you could stick it to a piece of metal :huh:
YAMAHA RIDER
hunter

Postby Penguine » Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:23 pm

I could drive 15 minutes down the road see if I can find the guy that has some land posted as PF land and see if he has an old sign he would be willing to part with if you'd like. Fair warning though, alot of land over here is marked but the land owner does not live anywhere near it. I can try though... no promises.
Joel wrote:If God wanted a lab to point he would have gave them a stick.
Penguine
hunter

Return to Upland Game