Non resident phesant hunting?

Pheasant, turkey, dove, grouse, partridge, quail, squirrel, rabbits, etc.

Moderators: The Cat Island Drake, birddog crazy

Non resident phesant hunting?

Postby mallardman77 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:48 pm

Just wondering if anyone from N. Dak and S. Dak. could post some info on phesant hunting for non residents. i.e. Cost of licence, seasons ect.

Also i would like to know if non residents require the service of guides.

Thanks

Kris :salude:
Is it september the 8th yet???

mallardman77
hunter

Postby vikingsfan » Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:06 pm

You'll need to get some guides if you don't have land up there because people won't let you hunt it if you don't know them. We go up to Sodak every year and we have tons of family and friends up there and trust me people don't like pheasant poachers.
vikingsfan
hunter

Postby gsphunter » Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:33 pm

I have heard that the public land up there is outstanding, so if you went that route, you wouldn't need a guide. I'm going to give it a try this year.

I think the SD licenses are $100 for a 10 day non resident hunter.
gsphunter
hunter

Postby mallardman77 » Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:33 pm

Thanks gsp, if you make it out that way make sure you let me know how you made out, i'm hoping to go next year. I've never shot phesant and i hear it's a great hunt and i'd imagine the meat is excellent. 100 bucks is right in my price range :thumbsup:

mallardman77
hunter

Postby sdgr8wthnter » Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:42 pm

In SD pheasants are king. And you are right, people are very protected about there pheasants. There is alot of public hunting and you can do very well on it. If you come any walmart or cabelas or sporting goods department will have walk in guides for you and it will show you where they are located. If you have a small group of people, it can be somewhat easier to get onto private land, or if you are lucky enough, sometimes people will let you tag along. Just remember if you do come here. Be kind that will get you alot farther in terms of getting to hunt. If you have any more question you can email me at phillippeters50@hotmail.com. And prices are $110 for 10 days of hunting and those ten days have to be split in two 5 day spands.
sdgr8wthnter
State Moderator

Postby mallardman77 » Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:17 pm

Thanks for the info! :thumbsup: I'm hoping to get on that trip for next season, and when the time comes, i'll email you for more info.

Thanks again :salude:

Kris

mallardman77
hunter

Return to Upland Game