Duck Hunting Forum banner

dove dekes

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  The Cat Island Drake 
#1 ·
i was thinkin bout gettin some dove dekes including a mojo stlye decoy. anybody had success with any. the reveiws on cabelas looked promising so what do you guys think?

#2 ·
Mojos flat out work. I have had one for a while and filling my limit comes a lot faster with one rather than without.

I noticed how a buddy of mine had an old worn out camo baseball hat. It was kind of light and sunbleached. He would take his hat of and flutter it when a bird was accross the field sort of quartering twords us. Immediately after him fluttering his hat the bird would take a more direct line twords us. From a distance the movement definately attracts them.

We have also done the multiple mojos and had 4-5 guys set up a blind and shoot out of it. That was a lot of fun just not as effective as making surroundingg a field with shooters.

#3 ·
I've used dove dekes for years with great results. We have clipped them to branches or strung them w/ fishing line and hung them just at or below the ground wire of a 3-phase power line (not the safest thing in the world to do, but if done properly is harmless to people and absolutely deadly in it's effectiveness). The person that get's the spot at the power pole is the lucky one for the day as that is position "A".

My Dad went so far as to build a small "power line" out of 2" conduit and small gauge guy wire. It stands about 20' tall and is 40' long...we string a dozen dekes on it and kill hell out of the birds.

4 or 5 years ago we introduced a mojo into the hunt and it's like giving free beer away at a Brave's game.

#7 ·
I was looking at it in Cobela's the other day that thing looks sweet.
I didn't get the tree but I did get the dove action kit. I put the MOJO dove on it and stuck it in the ground at my house a slight breeze moved it. :thumbsup: I think I'm going to paint it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.