dove dekes

Pheasant, turkey, dove, grouse, partridge, quail, squirrel, rabbits, etc.

Moderators: The Cat Island Drake, birddog crazy

dove dekes

Postby hogjaw » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:49 pm

i was thinkin bout gettin some dove dekes including a mojo stlye decoy. anybody had success with any. the reveiws on cabelas looked promising so what do you guys think?
hogjaw
hunter

Postby jaysweet3 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:52 pm

Mojos flat out work. I have had one for a while and filling my limit comes a lot faster with one rather than without.

I noticed how a buddy of mine had an old worn out camo baseball hat. It was kind of light and sunbleached. He would take his hat of and flutter it when a bird was accross the field sort of quartering twords us. Immediately after him fluttering his hat the bird would take a more direct line twords us. From a distance the movement definately attracts them.

We have also done the multiple mojos and had 4-5 guys set up a blind and shoot out of it. That was a lot of fun just not as effective as making surroundingg a field with shooters.
jaysweet3
hunter

Postby apexhunter » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:55 am

I've used dove dekes for years with great results. We have clipped them to branches or strung them w/ fishing line and hung them just at or below the ground wire of a 3-phase power line (not the safest thing in the world to do, but if done properly is harmless to people and absolutely deadly in it's effectiveness). The person that get's the spot at the power pole is the lucky one for the day as that is position "A".

My Dad went so far as to build a small "power line" out of 2" conduit and small gauge guy wire. It stands about 20' tall and is 40' long...we string a dozen dekes on it and kill hell out of the birds.

4 or 5 years ago we introduced a mojo into the hunt and it's like giving free beer away at a Brave's game.
apexhunter
hunter

Postby The Cat Island Drake » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:08 pm

We have had some great results uesing the MOJO Dove and decoys as well.
There just ain't nothin' like a mornin' woody!
The Cat Island Drake
Forum & State Moderator

Postby dukhnter7 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:31 pm

Mojo doves are killer! I plan on adding this to the spread this year.

http://easytreeproducts.com/
dukhnter7
State Moderator

Postby atwoodflash » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:46 pm

I also use MoJo and they are great!!
atwoodflash
hunter

Postby The Cat Island Drake » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:58 pm

I was looking at it in Cobela's the other day that thing looks sweet.
I didn't get the tree but I did get the dove action kit. I put the MOJO dove on it and stuck it in the ground at my house a slight breeze moved it. :thumbsup: I think I'm going to paint it
There just ain't nothin' like a mornin' woody!
The Cat Island Drake
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Upland Game