washington grouse

Pheasant, turkey, dove, grouse, partridge, quail, squirrel, rabbits, etc.

Moderators: The Cat Island Drake, birddog crazy

washington grouse

Postby colemanhuntsducks » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:47 pm

anyone know of any good place to hunt grouse in washington any help would be appreciated thx.
colemanhuntsducks
hunter

Postby AAR » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:08 pm

I have been up there a few times hunting various grouse, going back actually in less than a month. There are tons of places to hunt, just depends on what part of the state you want to hunt and for what species of grouse.

What I have normally done is to call up the biologist or whoever for a certain region and ask about where to find blue grouse or ruffed grouse etc. The can typically get you close enough to where you'll have some luck.

Depending on how your hunting them, just drive some mountain roads in the morning time and locate some by the roads when their getting grit. If your looking for blue's just remember to factor in the altitude and tree types which will make a huge difference in your success.

Eric

http://www.AliveAgainRecreations.com
--Specializing in Waterfowl & Upland Bird Taxidermy--
-----World/International/National/State Awards--------
AAR
Forum Moderator

Postby RLB » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:18 pm

I consider grousin to be pretty simple in the PNW...find public land (DNR, NF), put on atleast 100 miles, and you will eventually run into a bird to shoot at.

I've had success on the Peninsula hunting on Green Crow, Crown Pacific, and Rayonier land on the West End - good luck!
RLB
hunter

Return to Upland Game