mojo dove is awesome

Pheasant, turkey, dove, grouse, partridge, quail, squirrel, rabbits, etc.

Moderators: The Cat Island Drake, birddog crazy

mojo dove is awesome

Postby Jim M » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:25 pm

Just bought a mpjo dove this season and it is awesome!!!!!!!!! Killed out 3 times and killed 9 and 10 other days!! It turns a random dove hunt into a simulated duck hunt the way the doves decoy. And man are they hard to hit when coming in to the decoy with the wind. Awesome!!
Jim M
hunter

Postby DuckSlyer16 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:12 pm

Do you think they work better than a Baby Mojo that I use for mallards? I use it for pigeons and it works GREAT but doves its so-so. You think that would make that much of a differance?
DuckSlyer16
hunter

Postby bluewing77 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:32 am

never used mojo dove, but this year we set up 4 or 5 of the clip on Avery dove decoys in a bush about 20 yards out and that seemed to work really well.
bluewing77
hunter

Postby yamaha783 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:03 pm

I've been curious to see reports on the mojo dove, I may have to try it if there's a consensus of success. I think that coupled with some birds on a wire would be a great combo.
yamaha783
hunter

Postby harvey1b » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:54 am

I took a mojo dove and a baby mojo out to a cut wheat field over the summer to work the dog over decoying birds.

In 2 hours I shot 33 pigeons. It was a riot! The mojos worked great. I had a few doves swing through to take a look and were in gun range, but the pigeons came in on a rope.
harvey1b
hunter

Postby dukhnter7 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:07 am

The mojo dove rocks!!
dukhnter7
State Moderator

RE: Mojo Dove

Postby OtterDog83 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:21 am

Yesterday I got see first hand how the Mojo Dove worked...like a charm.

I was set up under a telephone pole (which usually is the best seat in the house) and had a mojo out about 20 yards from me and I got some good looks and shots....

But a buddy of mine was set up in the middle of field in a little brush pile and with his mojo and 6 or so decoys on the ground he was in the money spot. It was amazing to see the doves work right to him. I have never seen doves decoy like that. I will be purchasing a mojo dove (I borrowed one yesterday) and a dozen or so decoys that can clip on or sit on ground.
Deer, Ducks, Doves, Turkeys and my little brown Boykin, Otter.
OtterDog83
hunter

Re: mojo dove is awesome

Postby lbhntr » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:32 pm

mojo dove is like a lucky charm i have had snipe even land on my mojo dove
lbhntr
hunter

Postby slothman » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:50 pm

Baby mojo mallards work for dove hunting? If so, I'll have to try that. Might save me a few bucks. :wink:
The glass is not half empty or half full, it's just twice as big as it needs to be.

If you miss a lot of birds, does that make you a conservationist?
slothman
hunter

Postby GGC » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:53 pm

I took 6 mojo doves down to Mexico this past season for my annual dove shoot.

A normal shoot is 15-20 boxes in about 2 hours. With the mojos we were shooting 25-35 boxes a shoot.

It was a blast. The only issue is that the mojos make the dove do some crazy stuff... no obvious flight path to swing on.

Tons of fun and VERY effective.
GGC
hunter

Postby Naturegirl » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:08 pm

I was wondering about these. I bought some clip on doves from Wally world and I think my husband and his capt thought I was crazy when I pulled them out and clipped them on a dead tree. Honestly I didn't see a difference, but I only tried them once plus it is about impossible to get them up to the tops of the trees where the birds would normally land. Our desert trees are full of stickers and don't have big limbs. I will try again during the late season. Not sure about a mojo though. I kinda like the simplicity of dove hunting.
Naturegirl
hunter

Postby steelslinger » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:13 pm

Naturegirl wrote:Honestly I didn't see a difference, but I only tried them once plus it is about impossible to get them up to the tops of the trees where the birds would normally land.

Naturegirl, take your decoys and attach a snap swivel to the back of the decoy where they have that molded plastic loop. Attach the other end of the swivel to a rod and reel. Cast it over the high limbs and reel it up to where it looks like the dove is sitting on the tree limb. Keep the line tight and lay the rod on the ground. Works like a charm. In order to get them down, don't try to reel them back over the limb. Simply give the reel some slack and when the decoy reaches the ground, unsnap the swivel and reel it over the tree limb. If you don't you may pull on the decoy and get it hung up in the tree.
If you hunt WITH your children today, you won't hunt FOR them tomorrow
Put "em in the woods and keep 'em off the streets
gangrig25 wrote:SO YOU WANT A PAT ON THE BACK OR WHAT :huh:
steelslinger
Capt. Obvious

Return to Upland Game