Pheasant, turkey, dove, grouse, partridge, quail, squirrel, rabbits, etc.

Moderators: The Cat Island Drake, birddog crazy

Postby Wilsona018 » Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:42 pm

Last edited by Wilsona018 on Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wilsona018
hunter

Postby gahunter » Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:18 pm

I usually shoot a Browning sweet 16, which is bored with a modified choke. I think that I might shoot my 12ga. with an improved cylinder this year, just to get the feel of my 12 for duck season.
If the hunting is cold, luckily so is the beer!
gahunter
hunter

Postby texasduckblaster » Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:16 pm

i shoot a modified, but an improved should work just fine.
texasduckblaster
hunter

Postby firebird » Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:20 pm

I love my 20 gauge o/u Beretta with Mod. on top and full underneath, I could go more open but have never felt the need. Two other favorite items would be a camo visor (lets heat escape out my head) and a belt with pouches for shells and doves.
There is no help for this kind of insanity. I'm just a duck hunter, and should not be held accountable for all my actions between October 1st and freeze-up. Gordon MacQuarrie
firebird
hunter

Postby cut_un » Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:00 am

I have a Rem with choke tubes and would not think about going out without my improved and and a mod tube. As the day starts out the birds may be a bit closer and you need to spread your pattern, as the day goes on, the birds may fly a bit higher(or flare) so you may want to tighten you pattern up a bit. I guess on any given day it all could change up but try to leave your options open... if you can! and good luck, it's a great sport and they are a great bird to test your skills! Enjoy :getdown: and they pretty good to eat after de hunt is over too :salude:
Big Al's" Take 'Em" Silhouettes Pro Staff

Team Chasin' Feathers
Eastern Shore Rod & Gun Club
Share your passion, take a kid hunting!
cut_un
hunter

Postby duckplucker » Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:47 pm

between those two, it shouldn't matter. i shoot an old 20 guage model 1100 with a modified choke in it, and it puts em down rather effectively.

if all else fails, put a lot of lead in the air! Lol, JK. i hate it when people just shoot to hear their gun go off.
The life cycle of a hunter... hunt, eat, sleep if there is time, then go hunt again.

Chuck Norris doesn't go hunting, becasue hunting infers the possibility of failure. Rather, Chuck Norris goes killing.
duckplucker
hunter

Return to Upland Game