anybody bass fished yet?

Fresh and salt water fishing

Moderators: Dogman, WSUWESTON, Montanafowler, MossyGO!, Kiskadinna

anybody bass fished yet?

Postby ILgoosehunter12 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:32 pm

hey guys, just being curious if you guys have been bass fishin much this year. i jsut got back from Missouri. fished some private ponds with my brother. he lives over in MO. was there 3 days, caught 21 all together. 8 today, 4 yesterday, and 9 the first day. biggest being about 2 pounds and smallest about half a pound. not the big ones, but i was happy with a 2 pounder.
ILgoosehunter12
hunter

Re: anybody bass fished yet?

Postby GroundSwatter » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:54 am

I hit up a pond earlier this week without too much luck. I saw a fish trailing my bait, and a buddy of mine had one jump off, but other than that we were skunked.

I might try to go out again this weekend.
It's a fact that 70 percent of the people who purchase heavier tackle do so with the categorical I just lost a huge snook! Einstein Hairdo.The other 30 percent have either Tarpon Fever or are sporting a hand cramped into a claw from a deepwater grouper.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Postby ILgoosehunter12 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:40 am

GroundSwatter wrote:I hit up a pond earlier this week without too much luck. I saw a fish trailing my bait, and a buddy of mine had one jump off, but other than that we were skunked.

yea, it was fun. this pond is an overstocked pond, so idk if that had anything to do with it. theres abunch of small ones in there, but the owner told me he put in some nice bass a couple years ago, but he just doesnt catch em that often because of all the smaller ones.

i had my best luck off of a blue and silver crankbait. they seemed to hit it better than the spinnerbait. thats what i usually use is a spinner.
ILgoosehunter12
hunter

Postby GroundSwatter » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:33 pm

ILgoosehunter12 wrote:
GroundSwatter wrote:I hit up a pond earlier this week without too much luck. I saw a fish trailing my bait, and a buddy of mine had one jump off, but other than that we were skunked.

yea, it was fun. this pond is an overstocked pond, so idk if that had anything to do with it. theres abunch of small ones in there, but the owner told me he put in some nice bass a couple years ago, but he just doesnt catch em that often because of all the smaller ones.

i had my best luck off of a blue and silver crankbait. they seemed to hit it better than the spinnerbait. thats what i usually use is a spinner.

I was using a chartreuse spinner bait when I saw the bass trailing my lure. I might try a few different tactics this weekend, but only so much you can do with a couple of hours worth of fishing. I'm hoping I can get back out there this weekend. Might break out a crank bait if I have the opportunity.
It's a fact that 70 percent of the people who purchase heavier tackle do so with the categorical I just lost a huge snook! Einstein Hairdo.The other 30 percent have either Tarpon Fever or are sporting a hand cramped into a claw from a deepwater grouper.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Postby clemaire2 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:20 pm

look at my 2010 bass season up date iv been doing ok
clemaire2
hunter

Postby cuppedup50 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:53 pm

i havent been after em yet....but my first off day here soon, im bout to get after their ass
cut em.
cuppedup50
hunter

Postby ILgoosehunter12 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:26 pm

cuppedup50 wrote:i havent been after em yet....but my first off day here soon, im bout to get after their ass

haha. i hope you rock some!

im going tommorow,,,,if it aint storming. i hope it aint.
ILgoosehunter12
hunter

Postby cuppedup50 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:37 pm

did ya catcha bunch?

i just found out that i have a torn labrum in my throwing shoulder so looks like i wont get to do any fishin this spring and summer, hell or fall for that matter.
cut em.
cuppedup50
hunter

Postby ILgoosehunter12 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:40 pm

cuppedup50 wrote:did ya catcha bunch?

i just found out that i have a torn labrum in my throwing shoulder so looks like i wont get to do any fishin this spring and summer, hell or fall for that matter.

didnt go....been REALLY windy. today was the actual calm day and it rained most of the evening.
ILgoosehunter12
hunter

Return to Fishing