Who's Fishin?

Fresh and salt water fishing

Moderators: Dogman, MossyGO!, Kiskadinna, WSUWESTON, Montanafowler

Who's Fishin?

Postby Silverwidgeon » Mon May 10, 2010 1:25 am

Went out last week-end for some fishin, and caught a couple. then tried again this week-end but the wind pushed us into the cove's for some bassin. I caught one at around 6 feet, not quite in the shallows yet, slow presentation of a small double finned minnow, I think the weather has confused the fish, trout and bass alike.
Anyhow anyone else gettin after them? love to hear or see what everyone else is chasing after at the moment.
Attachments
kokanee.jpg
alright trout, small kokanee.
"At times like these it's best to remember that there have always been times like these."
Silverwidgeon
hunter

Re: Who's Fishin?

Postby GroundSwatter » Mon May 10, 2010 8:44 am

I haven't caught anything big this year, but have gone after bass a few times. Thursday night, before the front moved in, I was killing them on an 1/8th oz black and blue bass jig with craw trailer. I went again Saturday, after the cold front moved in, and they were super finicky. I caught a nice blue gill on my bass jig (bigger than my hand), but had to work hard to get the few fish that I got.
It's a fact that 70 percent of the people who purchase heavier tackle do so with the categorical I just lost a huge snook! Einstein Hairdo.The other 30 percent have either Tarpon Fever or are sporting a hand cramped into a claw from a deepwater grouper.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Postby Ichabod97 » Mon May 10, 2010 6:22 pm

i've been out fishing the creeks off the intercoastal waterway here in Florida. been catching most Red Drum, Black Drum and spotted sea trout. biggest one i've gotten in the boat so far is a 27" red drum. been slow the past 2 weeks though...try again Friday.
Nick "Ichabod"
Waterfowl Mafia

Modified Scissor Blind ppt

imaduckin up north wrote:There aint no ducks in VA
Ichabod97
State Moderator

Postby Jarbo03 » Mon May 10, 2010 10:10 pm

Went last Thursday before the cold front came in and did some wade fishing on a flat in a powerplant lake. Wind was blowing 25-35 mph so could only fish the backside of a point in protected waters. Caught 12 smallmouth, 5 channel cats, 2 blue cats, and had a monster walleye torpedo between my legs and break me off. Was throwing a 1/8 oz jig and wind drifting minnows, was a good day.
Jarbo03
hunter

Postby westernkywaterfowler » Sun May 16, 2010 8:56 am

Hell I can't do much fishing until the Ohio comes back down. Caught a nice stringer of stripes before all the rain and the river came up.
westernkywaterfowler
hunter

Postby Theircommited10 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:05 pm

Weve been tearing up the smallmouth on the river. Ranks almost as high as killin a duck in my opinion. . . .ALMOST :lol3:
Theircommited10
DHC Sponsor

Postby ks_waterfowler » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:01 am

I catfished 3 days ago as the river was rising. Caught 3 flatheads in about 10 minutes. Biggest was only 10-12 lbs. I've caught alot of nice cats this year, and I love me some catfishing.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby duckman27 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:43 pm

Just got back from a week of Redfishin in SC. Been catching a ton of trout up in the mountain streams the last couple weeks. Average about 30 fish in 2 1/2 hours or so
duckman27
hunter

Postby bassmaster624 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:49 pm

i have been out bass'n it but the weather hasn't been to my like'n.82 degree water temp is making them go deeper and harder to find.sunday we was out for 3 hours and only managed 6 fish but 5 were over 4 lbs.i fished a tournament acouple weekends ago it was pouring rain and then it would quit and you would catch afew then rain on and on.didnt place but we had aton of fun.cant wait till fall on sunday only.
women love me and bass fear me
bassmaster624
hunter

Postby GroundSwatter » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:43 pm

Just moved to Guantanamo Bay Cuba and I'm here to say the fishing don't Gitmo better.

This is from Sunday.
spread.jpg

Snapper.jpg

This is from when I went out last week. We caught more but these were the biggest.

Small Fish.jpg

It has spoiled me on bass fishing. Caught all these guy on basically bass tackle. Put 30 lb braid on my spinning reels and bait casters with 20lb flouro-carbon leader. All of these guys pull so much harder than any freshwater fish I've ever caught of similar size.
It's a fact that 70 percent of the people who purchase heavier tackle do so with the categorical I just lost a huge snook! Einstein Hairdo.The other 30 percent have either Tarpon Fever or are sporting a hand cramped into a claw from a deepwater grouper.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Postby bayouboy » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:15 pm

GroundSwatter wrote:Just moved to Guantanamo Bay Cuba and I'm here to say the fishing don't Gitmo better.

This is from Sunday.
spread.jpg

Snapper.jpg

This is from when I went out last week. We caught more but these were the biggest.

Small Fish.jpg

It has spoiled me on bass fishing. Caught all these guy on basically bass tackle. Put 30 lb braid on my spinning reels and bait casters with 20lb flouro-carbon leader. All of these guys pull so much harder than any freshwater fish I've ever caught of similar size.

they got ducks there?
The New Orleans Saints
Superbowl XLIV Champions

“I have no reason to fear the hat. I put it on my head everyday.” Coach Les Miles
bayouboy
hunter

Postby GroundSwatter » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:38 am

I've seen several flocks of blue winged teal and a pair of white cheeked pintails, but the base does not allow hunting. Heck we even have deer here, but you cannot hunt.

I'm going to buy a spear gun pretty soon to "hunt underwater" but I don't think it'll be the same. So I'm just trying to stay fired up about fishing until I can get a hunt in.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Postby side-slippin » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:40 pm

GS is there a run way there?
"Augustus...
...by-god Woodrow, it's been quite a party ain't it.
...yes sir."
side-slippin
hunter

Postby GroundSwatter » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:07 am

side-slippin wrote:GS is there a run way there?

Like an Airport runway? We have one and its about the only way on and off the base, aside from a ship.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Postby side-slippin » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:46 pm

go find the "flight safety" office, usually in HQ building, and ask them if they have an opening on the abatement team. when i went to korea, i was on the team and got to go shooting all the time. pretty much anything that flies near/ or runs on the runway is fair game.
"Augustus...
...by-god Woodrow, it's been quite a party ain't it.
...yes sir."
side-slippin
hunter

Postby GroundSwatter » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:46 pm

side-slippin wrote:go find the "flight safety" office, usually in HQ building, and ask them if they have an opening on the abatement team. when i went to korea, i was on the team and got to go shooting all the time. pretty much anything that flies near/ or runs on the runway is fair game.

I know a guy that works over there and will ask him about it. I think there is already a couple of guys that shoot things on the runway, like stray dogs, and I know these guys as well. So either way I should get into some stuff, but there aren't many ducks that go by the airport. Mostly stray dogs and banana rats.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Return to Fishing