ice fishing

Fresh and salt water fishing

Moderators: Dogman, MossyGO!, Kiskadinna, WSUWESTON, Montanafowler

ice fishing

Postby quackerkiller » Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:52 pm

anyone looking forward to some ice fishing. yes i will be sad to see duck hunting for another year but i love ice fishing too.

where you fish at if you do
what fish you after
Lynch Mob Calls Pro-Staff
Out For Blood
quackerkiller
Forum & State Moderator

Postby poacher » Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:02 pm

You read my mind. I was gonna post something about ice fishing. I did a gear check on the weekend and i think i'm ready, just waiting for the ice. I fish the north side of Lake St. Clair, St. Annes Bay and do quite well for perch. Had a great season last year, my fishing buddy and i, combined, had a 1000 fish season. i also regularly fish Goose lake, and Johnson Bay.
"teal, teal, albino teal....wait, those are seagulls...take em.

wait till they line up and cross, 1 shell 2 birds
poacher
hunter

Postby Dogman » Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:10 pm

I like to bore holes in the ice and try my luck for bass,pickerel,pike,crappies and perch or anything else that I can catch.
Hardwater fishing is just the ticket when hunting season ends and winter settles in.
This weekend I will go over my Jiffy 10" auger and make sure it runs good and sharpen the blades.I need to get some new gear for my traps also.
Some of the locals here are forming a"friday night crappie league"on a nearby lake.Should prove to be a real answer for the winter blahs. :thumbsup:
My lab is still the best hunting partner there is.
Dogman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby lars » Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:56 pm

<----------<<
yay, ice drinking :salude: -ooh i mean fishing :yes:

going after those big snake lookin fish this weekend.
went puddler hunting this year as usual.... shot more divers than puddle ducks. typical
lars
hunter

Postby Kurt » Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:42 am

Start fishing this weekend north of mobridge sd on the missouri river. Cant wait for the fresh walleye for supper.
Locked and Loaded
Kurt
hunter

Postby mallardhunter » Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:31 pm

Im pumped for ice fishing, im looking forward to catching anything from bluegill to northern pike :thumbsup:
Keep working millions on welfare depend on you!!!
If hunting is a sport I am the M.V.P.
www.goosehuntingchat.com
www.nodakoutdoors.com
mallardhunter
hunter

Postby quackerkiller » Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:52 pm

yea for sure the first canal has about 2 inches on it im going to try it out on friday
Out For Blood
quackerkiller
Forum & State Moderator

Postby sdgr8wthnter » Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:06 am

Well i'm going out this afternoon, i'll let you guys know how it went. Alittle nervous i've heard that the ice is only 2 inches in some places and 6 in others but we'll see. And remember always let someone know where your going just in case you don't come back they know where your at and where to send help.
sdgr8wthnter
State Moderator

Postby Citori12 » Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:10 pm

When the bird hunting gets slow I am on the ice. The lakes are froze here and my first trip out this year was busy. I caught quite a few rainbows and none were braggers but 3 were 14' and tasted great :thumbsup:
Citori12
Membership permanently suspended

Postby Snaph » Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:26 pm

We are going to check out a small lake that we crush the yellow perch in tomorrow. I am not a big guy...but I need more than two inches of hard water to fish on. I can't wait. Last year I never took my shotgun with me and we had geese fly over us all day long. This year I am going to be ready. And yes, it is legal...I checked it out.
Snaph
hunter

Postby Snaph » Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:59 pm

Went out for the first time today. Slammed the bluegill and sunnys.
The guys behind us were partying big time. We slammed the fish..they slammed the beer. (OK we had a few beers ourselves to) Then they had a pizza delivered to their hut. I can say I have never seen that before. It was a good laugh.
Last edited by Snaph on Sat Dec 24, 2005 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Snaph
hunter

Postby quackerkiller » Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:18 pm

ive been hitting the gills hard since the start
Out For Blood
quackerkiller
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Snaph » Sat Dec 24, 2005 6:51 am

34 perch (few blue gills in there) between two of us yesterday. Hitting the ice this morning to go after them again. It is going to be more like slush fishing. 40 degrees out. Stupid weather.
Snaph
hunter

Postby quackerkiller » Sat Dec 24, 2005 8:40 am

went out yesterday two guys 50 slab gills and 6 crappies mixed in with the gills
Out For Blood
quackerkiller
Forum & State Moderator

Postby MR2Ducks » Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:39 pm

Was just in Utah fishing - Vernal area - when my buddies and me got to the lake we thought we shoulda brought a boat. Maybe 1/3 of the lake was open water with whitecaps cause of the wind. We checked out several spots where we have done well in the past - walk out a bit - punch a hole or two - move out a little punch again.
Last year same days in Jan. - 12" of solid ice- this year 4"- maybe - that don't look too safe neither. :salude: :salude: Couple of beers and all of sudden it seemed safe enuf after our long drive over. :thumbsup: No seriously we were like dogs sh_t'in fish hooks out there but we knew the fishin' would be good. Got a few nice bass and lotsa nice slab bluegills.

Anybody got any info on where in Utah a guy might get into some decent Crappie fishing? Vernal, Roosevelt or Duschense area - Iknow quail lake down south is good but looking for something a little closer to NW Colo.

Cheers,
MR
MR2Ducks
hunter

Postby MR2Ducks » Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:29 pm

Where's all the icefishermen /women?
cheers,
db
MR2Ducks
hunter

Postby Gooseboy » Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:59 pm

Gosh i wish i could ice fish, i live in OK lol, before that i lived in CA so... Dont get enough ice.
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Return to Fishing