Fresh and salt water fishing

Moderators: Dogman, MossyGO!, Kiskadinna, WSUWESTON, Montanafowler

Farm ponds... What to use?

Postby Gooseboy » Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:20 pm

What should i use on small farm ponds?
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby weedsnager » Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:42 am

for bass???? a weightless senko, rigged wacky or texas style.
weedsnager
hunter

Postby duckplucker » Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:57 am

depends on what your fishing for... for bass i love using soft plastic worms (Berkley Power Bait), and one of my favorite colors is blue fleck. Other good bass lures are: rat-l-traps, or topwater weedless frogs. If your out to get some crappie (and these catch perch too) use a 1/16-1/8 oz Rooster Tail / Mepps spinner / something similar to those. OH, AND Beetle Spins can be used for anything listed above (more crappie)
"Take 'em"
duckplucker
hunter

Postby jjohnson_714 » Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:34 pm

geeze gooseboy, for as much as you post i thought you'd give us some more info... :thumbsup: anyways if its bass, then go with the berkley gulp worms... i used them for the first time this last season and i caught more fish than i ever have in my entire life... if its trout/catfish/panfish... just a good ol' nightcrawler should do... if its a farm pond then the fish should take just about anything you throw at it them because they probably dont get overfished....
jjohnson_714
State Moderator

Postby LaRedneck » Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:16 am

I've fished farm ponds all the way from IOWA to LOUISIANA and there just like golf ponds (which i've snuk up on a few in my day), seldem fished and usally full of em, I'm 85% worm and 15% topwater guy which farm pound are awsome top water places which at least make for a action packed day for you kids or wife. I like tequilla sunrise!!!!!!!!!! and the CHUG BUG!!!!!!!!!
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Fishing