Duck Hunting Forum banner

Farm ponds... What to use?

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  LaRedneck 
#1 ·
What should i use on small farm ponds?

#3 ·
depends on what your fishing for... for bass i love using soft plastic worms (Berkley Power Bait), and one of my favorite colors is blue fleck. Other good bass lures are: rat-l-traps, or topwater weedless frogs. If your out to get some crappie (and these catch perch too) use a 1/16-1/8 oz Rooster Tail / Mepps spinner / something similar to those. OH, AND Beetle Spins can be used for anything listed above (more crappie)

#4 ·
geeze gooseboy, for as much as you post i thought you'd give us some more info... :thumbsup: anyways if its bass, then go with the berkley gulp worms... i used them for the first time this last season and i caught more fish than i ever have in my entire life... if its trout/catfish/panfish... just a good ol' nightcrawler should do... if its a farm pond then the fish should take just about anything you throw at it them because they probably dont get overfished....

#5 ·
I've fished farm ponds all the way from IOWA to LOUISIANA and there just like golf ponds (which i've snuk up on a few in my day), seldem fished and usally full of em, I'm 85% worm and 15% topwater guy which farm pound are awsome top water places which at least make for a action packed day for you kids or wife. I like tequilla sunrise!!!!!!!!!! and the CHUG BUG!!!!!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.