Need help Old Hickory

Fresh and salt water fishing

Moderators: Dogman, WSUWESTON, Montanafowler, MossyGO!, Kiskadinna

Need help Old Hickory

Postby alancrick » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:52 am

I am fishing a tournament the 11th of Sept. on Old Hickory lake Tn. Anyone fished there this time of year and did you have any luck please contact me back to share the secret at alancindycrick@wk.net
alancrick
hunter

Re: Need help Old Hickory

Postby airborneduckhunter » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:55 pm

All I can offer is to check out the forum on tndeer.com. Lots a guys fish over there and they are generally pretty helpful.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."-George Orwell
airborneduckhunter
hunter

Postby relocatedduckman » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:41 am

I have fished OH hundreds of times.. There is alot of backwater.. and alot of deep holes.. where r you launching from? the lake is a large lake.. so just depends on where you are going.. cause they have been hot on top water lately..
relocatedduckman
hunter

Postby alancrick » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:34 am

relocatedduckman wrote:I have fished OH hundreds of times.. There is alot of backwater.. and alot of deep holes.. where r you launching from? the lake is a large lake.. so just depends on where you are going.. cause they have been hot on top water lately..

Bull Creek- Flippers bait and tackle Next to 109 bridge. Which area did you fish.
alancrick
hunter

Postby relocatedduckman » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:48 pm

I've fished the lake from the cumberland river to the dam.. If you are there.... if you head east.. there are some rises with alot of cover and the larger fish are deeper right now.. About a mile up river is the gallatin steam plant.. IT releases warm water from the steam driven turbines. You can find a few 3+lb bass in there.. But it's slim up there.. Hope this helps
relocatedduckman
hunter

Postby alancrick » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:28 pm

relocatedduckman wrote:I've fished the lake from the cumberland river to the dam.. If you are there.... if you head east.. there are some rises with alot of cover and the larger fish are deeper right now.. About a mile up river is the gallatin steam plant.. IT releases warm water from the steam driven turbines. You can find a few 3+lb bass in there.. But it's slim up there.. Hope this helps

Thanks im sure it will
alancrick
hunter

Return to Fishing