Fishing in Colorado?

Fresh and salt water fishing

Moderators: Dogman, WSUWESTON, Montanafowler, MossyGO!, Kiskadinna

Fishing in Colorado?

Postby kr01641 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:38 pm

Im going to denver for a week in march.Anyone know some good rivers for trout around there?
"When you have shot one bird flying you have shot all birds flying. They are all different and they fly in different ways but the sensation is the same and the last one is as good as the first."

Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961), Winner Take Nothing
kr01641
hunter

Re: Fishing in Colorado?

Postby duckbuddy » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:28 pm

Search up Gold Medal Waters and you should do fine. If you are fly fishing, I highly suggest you go up to WY and fish the infamous Gray Reef. Its about 4hrs from denver. Spring is prime time for the rainbow trout spawn, so big bruisers can be caught.
DUCK HUNTING ITS NOT ABOUT THE BAG ITS ABOUT GETTING AWAY
duckbuddy
hunter

Postby kr01641 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:00 pm

i wish i could do that,but unfortunately ill be with my gf and shes already upset im taking the day off on our vacation to go off fishing.At least i invited her!hahaha, but thanks ill lokk into Gold Medal waters.
"When you have shot one bird flying you have shot all birds flying. They are all different and they fly in different ways but the sensation is the same and the last one is as good as the first."

Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961), Winner Take Nothing
kr01641
hunter

Postby duckman27 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:47 pm

If you have time and are willing to hike you should head up to Lawn Lake in Rocky Mountain National Park. You can drop the girlfriend off in Estes Park and she'll be entertained for the day. The only bad part of this lake is that it's a 6.8 mile hike up to it. The fishing is great though. We caught 40 greenback cutthroats in about two hours up there this summer fly fishing
duckman27
hunter

Postby dominicleckie » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:57 am

I know that Colorado is the fly fishing capital of the world. Fish the rivers and lakes of the Rocky Mountains with fishing professionals who can help you reel in large ponds. The number one information on fishing the Colorado mountains and backcountry for rainbow trout.
dominicleckie
hunter

Postby shirely » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:45 pm

I like fishing very much,and I often go to fishing in holiday,but I have never tried to fishing in colorado.
shirely
Newb

Return to Fishing