musky fishing chippewa flowage/Wisconsin

Fresh and salt water fishing

Moderators: Dogman, Montanafowler, MossyGO!, Kiskadinna, WSUWESTON

musky fishing chippewa flowage/Wisconsin

Postby mallardhead » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:45 pm

I'm going up to fish the Chippewa Flowage labor day week. I'll be putting a sucker out on one pole.I know some lake's in Wisconsin you can use a double treble hook and some only a single treble hook rig. Anyone know which rig is legal.? Thanks
mallardhead
hunter

Re: musky fishing chippewa flowage/Wisconsin

Postby Ducknlabs11 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:03 am

kinda early for suckers....As far as the rig I believe you are allowed to used a double. A good point of contact would be Jenks Bait shop...they are located on the north part of the lake off county B. I am sorry I don't have a number for them, but I am sure you can look it up. If I were you though, I wouldn't worry about the suckers and stick to top water and bucktails....maybe even a few jerk baits....
Ducknlabs11
hunter

Postby mallardhead » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:53 am

Thanks for the info. I've only been up to the Northwoods twice before many years ago. Met-up with a couple buddies that would spend two weeks up there and if I remember correctly it was mid. Oct. Now by mid Oct. I'll be setting -up my deke spread. :thumbsup: I'll be staying up on the north side so I'll check out that bait shop. Thanks
mallardhead
hunter

Postby Ducknlabs11 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:38 pm

not a problem...It helps that I was a guide up there for a couple years and my dad still is. He's been doing it for almost 30 years on the chip now. Post some pics of how you do. Oct and Nov is a good time for suckers, but like I said in Sept...you will just be drowning them. There are definitely some big fish to be had there though. Good luck and I look forward to the reports.
Ducknlabs11
hunter

Return to Fishing