Cannon Downrigger mount extension

Fresh and salt water fishing

Moderators: Dogman, WSUWESTON, Montanafowler, MossyGO!, Kiskadinna

Cannon Downrigger mount extension

Postby netminderSea » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:06 pm

Hey... looking for any assistance in locating 12" downrigger extensions to my manual downriggers (Uni-5 or 10). I have a Lowe Roughneck 18' duck boat but have rigged it up for trolling w/ downriggers. Because the back of the boat is so low to the water, I'm basically working on my knees each time I have to interact with the downrigger.

I've called Cannon, searched ebay and called about 20 local marine shops with no luck. The closest I've found is on the Cannon site but even then only provides a 6" lift (see the Cannon product here - http://store.cannondownriggers.com/prod ... r_Pedestal). I purchased two Scotty 12''' extensions (THAT product is found here - http://www.scotty.com/fishing-gear-equi ... -riser.htm).

I feel like I need to modify the Scotty's and drill through the metal plates to get what I want but wanted to check this good ol' reliable forum before doing so. Any thoughts?

Here's the boat...
Attachments
Lowe 90hp Jet 014.jpg
netminderSea
hunter

Re: Cannon Downrigger mount extension

Postby netminderSea » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:46 am

Well to close the loop on this thread - there is nothing. I had to custom rig my boat with Scotty downtrigger mounts, drill a few holes and secure it down the old fashion McGyver way! Worked like a charm!
netminderSea
hunter

Re: Cannon Downrigger mount extension

Postby netminderSea » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:19 am

I got this sorted out and landed two Kings last weekend... if anyone is interested in a pic let me know and I'll post it up.
netminderSea
hunter

Return to Fishing