Since when did...

Fresh and salt water fishing

Moderators: Dogman, MossyGO!, Kiskadinna, WSUWESTON, Montanafowler

Since when did...

Postby ACEBLDRS » Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:07 pm

Since when did Bass fishin turn into WWF wrestling? I was flippin through the channels sunday afternoon, and came across BASS championship, on ESPN. It was crazy, they had this announcer, that said all but "lets get ready to rumble". They had lights flashin all over the place, and i know i heard AC/DC in the background.

Oh well, i guess it worked, i watched for another 30 minutes.
.....you've got to ask yourself a question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?

Dirty Harry

Die' en ain't much of a livin' son.
ACEBLDRS
Spoon Bill hunter extraordinaire

Postby CMAN » Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:40 pm

I watched most of the classic this weekend for lack of better things to do. Ive kept an eye on it after attending the elite 50 at lake wissota last year.

chad
TAKE EM BOYS
Waterfowling is a disease the only difference is we want this one passed on!!
CMAN
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:49 am

I'm not sure what gets me more pumped up, NASCAR begining or the start of the classic. LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE/BOGGITY BOGGITY BOGGITY :laughing:
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby 2 tollers » Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:40 pm

Being from the frozen north - I know nothing about Bass - are they good to eat or are they a catch & release fish? I do not see any fish fry's occuring at the end of these shows - seems like lots of beer but no fried fish.
Last edited by 2 tollers on Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2 tollers
hunter

Postby Smackaduck » Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:10 pm

Bass is very good to eat. Most people just catch them and then let them go. I eat them. Not sure what they do with them after the big tournaments, but after tournaments I fish in we eat them.
If they're dumb enough to be lured in by plastic you're really just doing them a favor.

Know your target before you pull the trigger.

Duck Hunting is ALL about the bag.
Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Postby Fowlercon » Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:51 pm

smackaduck wrote:Bass is very good to eat. Most people just catch them and then let them go. I eat them. Not sure what they do with them after the big tournaments, but after tournaments I fish in we eat them.

I've enjoyed a nice, tasty bass from time to time, but on the whole they get put back. Two days ago I caught a 7 1/2 lb bass, which is huge for Kentucky, and put her right back in the water. When my son was 4 years old he single handidly caught a 4 3/4 lb bass, it was nearly as big as his torso. IMO, eat a few and throw back even more for the future fishers!
"It is not the function of our Government to keep the citizen from falling
into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the Government from
falling into error."
Fowlercon
hunter

Postby 2 tollers » Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:17 pm

hvacfowler wrote:IMO, eat a few and throw back even more for the future fishers!

We do a lot of catch and release walleye but for the fishing shows I normally see a walleye shore lunch - just struck me that I have never seen a bass shore lunch. I am catch and release all the way - 1 or 2 for a lunch and the rest back in the drink to get caught again. :thumbsup:
2 tollers
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:00 am

Bass seems to be an aquired taste, to me it the best in the world but thats of coarse that what i was raised on. I'll tear the mess out of fresh bass, batter it up throw on some tonys and get to town. For the most part at tourneys they put them back in the water, usally right where they weight in so if you find a weight in spot fish it right after a tourney and you should catch a few. hvacfowler i bet your son had a hugh smile on his face when he brought up that fish, a 4 pounder is pretty good for a man and i bet he though he had a log on there, i remember when i was younger fishin with my stepbrother, one night he pull two fish over 5 pounds almost one right after the other, i was thrilled for him but alitte jealous too. Theres nothing better than seeing a kid get excited over fishing. As far as catch and realease well i see just like anything else, if you can't eat it then don't keep it. Me personally i love to eat them so i tend to keep more than most but i have a personal size limit to keeping fish 15 inches or better. Also if you find a private pond that is just full of fish it helps if you talk some so other fish will get bigger, just like shooting doe's to control deer population.
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Fishing