inline planer boards

Fresh and salt water fishing

Moderators: Dogman, WSUWESTON, Montanafowler, MossyGO!, Kiskadinna

inline planer boards

Postby foldinducks » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:09 pm

ive always used inline planer boards for big water, and boat fishing.yesterday i took them out on a walleye creek (from shore)in hopes of gettin a few.it was difficult to get them out of the slow water, but when i casted them(with a line counterreel/rod)out a little ways, they worked ok.i was wondering if anyone has tried this to fish a river?is there a trick to this?eventually i would like to cover a 200' wide river with like 6 boards, and crawler harnesses.if anyone else does this i was wondering if there were any tricks or tips, or further fabrication to be done to make this a more simple operation.casting a line counter sux.
it didnt smell like that when i ate it
foldinducks
hunter

Re: inline planer boards

Postby Bill Herian » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:07 pm

I know some guys who have tried this. Most of them can the idea snd just use enough weight to hold the bait in place.

Is there not enough current to swim the board out from the bank?
Bill Herian
hunter

Re: inline planer boards

Postby foldinducks » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:48 pm

there is, but its shallow.if i get it out like 15' it will drift out, then i have to hit the "clicker", and it will swing to a 45 degree angle.it just sux trying get the planer to move with the bait on the bottom when the current isnt sufficient enough to pull the planer, and bait out away from the bank.well, it will pull it, but its so slow.it took me like 10 minutes to get it out like 60'.once it hits the main current it does ok,cuz its 20' or so.just by shore its a shallow spot.just wanted to see if anyone else had some miracle cure for this.
it didnt smell like that when i ate it
foldinducks
hunter

Return to Fishing