biological intensification

Fresh and salt water fishing

Moderators: Dogman, MossyGO!, Kiskadinna, WSUWESTON, Montanafowler

biological intensification

Postby foldinducks » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:31 pm

got this cat fishing for walleyes at pymatuning resevior.i kept it cuz my buddy fed me some that werent bad.well i got to cookin it today, and well, not so good.i called my buddy to see where i went wrong, and he had a phrase that i never would have thought would have come from his 3 toothed mouth...biological intensifcation. in short the longer the fish is alive the more intense the flavor of the muscle will be.things the fish eats, and the envirnment it lives in all contributed to the way a fish tastes.
well anyways got the blue on a 7" sucker on a slip bobber i taped a glo in the dark bracelet to.the walleyes came on a jig with half a nightcrawler off the side of the boat.
it didnt smell like that when i ate it
foldinducks
hunter

Re: biological intensification

Postby Abrahamkite » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:28 pm

Wow,that's amazing!I like those fat big fish! :thumbsup:
If you would be loved, love and be lovable.
Abrahamkite
Newb

Re: biological intensification

Postby Bill Herian » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:28 pm

There is some truth to it, but it is not a rule of thumb. Depends more on the water body.

I've eaten 28-30 inch walleyes that tasted great.

As far as northern pike go, the bigger the better.

I've eaten sturgeon that were, at a bare minimun, 50 years old, some were probably centenarians. Finger lickin good.

I don't know how old that catfish was, but it is possible he has bioacumulated a good deal of gamey flavors over his lifetime, especially in a rust belt river.
Bill Herian
hunter

Return to Fishing