Flyfishing

Fresh and salt water fishing

Moderators: Dogman, MossyGO!, Kiskadinna, WSUWESTON, Montanafowler

Postby Rdneckhnter09 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:15 pm

i dont need to ask a bass wacker what he's catching fish on cause all i use is either a pig n jig or a spinner bait. but if someone asks i'll help em out.
Travis Brown, Stanley NC

As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.
John F. Kennedy
Rdneckhnter09
account suspended for advertising/promo

Location: sit'n on a creek bank underneath a shade tree MONTANA

Postby TW67 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:04 pm

Rdneckhnter09- I'm with ya, i usually help people out.I guess i was just making a general statement, based on my personal experience of bass fisherman being more competitive in nature.But! that got me to think about it alittle more, i wonder if that same competitive nature is found in the fly-fisher, who fishes the trout streams ,that have the higher number of fly-fisherman. It's just in my area, PEORIA, ILLINOIS,there's not that many who fishes the fly. so it's more of a welcome invite when the two meet.
REGULARS BY God!
TW67
hunter

Postby Rdneckhnter09 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:24 pm

around here where i fly fish, the answer is no, just the other day i was fly fishing and i couldnt figure out what they were biting, i askes a gentleman on down the river what he was using, well i didnt have what he had but i had the materials to make one so i tied one on, and then tied him up 2 of em just for helping, in 15 mins i had my limit of 4 wild fish.
Travis Brown, Stanley NC

As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.
John F. Kennedy
Rdneckhnter09
account suspended for advertising/promo

Location: sit'n on a creek bank underneath a shade tree MONTANA

Postby Troutslayer » Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:47 pm

I fly fish a lot. I am a fly fishing guide and have been for about 7 years. All trout, all in Montana though I get other places for fun.
Missouri River, MT
Bitterroot River, MT
Troutslayer
hunter

Postby Kiskadinna » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:51 pm

:goodjob:
Those are some awesome pics Troutslayer!
-Erik
Kiskadinna
Super Moderator

Postby dudejcb » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:35 pm

based on the streamside vegetation (and the strike indicator in the first picture) I'm guessing troutkiller is nymphing for those big fish, or maybe using a streamer for the brown... or, could be baetis.

I tie and float here in Idaho, but don't seem to have a camera with me (too dangerous in a PFC) when I catch the really big ones. So only have pictuers of some fish caught when a camera was nearby...

for some reason when I try to upload a pic the system is telling me to log in again. will try again later. dude[/img]
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Previous

Return to Fishing