Fly fishing

Fresh and salt water fishing

Moderators: Dogman, WSUWESTON, Montanafowler, MossyGO!, Kiskadinna

Postby Greg Wile » Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:21 pm

Gooseboy wrote:I watched a River Runs Through Its, does that count for anything? :yes:

About as much as, I went fishin and the flies were biteing real good even managed to land a few. :laughing:
Build memories, take a kid out doors and teach them about nature by interacting with it, hunting and fishing.

Learn from the past, don't dwell on it.
Greg Wile
hunter

Postby Sagebrush » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:41 pm

One reason I took up fly fishing was the enjoyment one gets when making a perfect presentation, with the correct pattern. No "whizz" "Plop" "Splat" noises like spinning or baitcastingthing chunking out hardware from 1/8 to 3/4 ounces in weight.
Xtra-Lite is my "thing"! 7x or 2 pound test on a 18" trout in fast water, sends chills up my spine. You also know when you "ARRIVED" ,when after a great battle, you release your catch for another day. :thumbsup:
Sagebrush
hunter

Postby CLUTCHfan » Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:18 pm

I really got into flyfishing five years ago when I was looking for something a little more challenging than tiny worms with an ultra light on 2lb test. Now I catch the same number of fish that I used to, but have really started getting into some big ones on the streams that I fish. I love when I catch and release a nice trout, and then I have to sit down for fifteen minutes because my knees are shaking so bad. This past season I was in school, so I couldn't fish like I had the previous four years, but in the last few seasons I would be out a minimum of five days a week. Most of the time closer to seven. This past year, the hot weather and low water levels really took their toll on the trout populations where I fish.
TNAL45 wrote:I like my beer like I like my violence....Domestic.
CLUTCHfan
Former DHC Ball Buster

Location: Behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore.

Postby Troutslayer » Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:16 pm

I fish a lot, I've been a fly-fishing guide for 4 years and everything else takes a side seat to it. I mostly trout fish in Montana but have been known to get around and catch some other things too. Here is a memorable bull trout that I caught this year on the Blackfoot River. It's not huge as far as bull trout go but very well built. Yesterday there were large trout rising in my decoys and I think I'm going to have to go back there and catch them as soon as it warms up a little.
Troutslayer
hunter

Postby AK Ducks » Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:28 pm

I fly fish here in AK. got a chance to fish the Situk river (that was a blast)
if you ever wnat some great fly fishing come up here to alaska.
thanks to the men and woman of the United States Coast Guard- without them I would not be here.
AK Ducks
hunter

Previous

Return to Fishing