ICE FISHING JIGGING?

Fresh and salt water fishing

Moderators: Dogman, WSUWESTON, Montanafowler, MossyGO!, Kiskadinna

ICE FISHING JIGGING?

Postby timster » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:43 pm

every time i got ice fishing i gotta spend about an hour-or-two jigging, ive never caught anything!!! any recomendations for you guys who have actually caught stuff jigging im using small spoons/spinners but not catching anything need some info, fill me in guys
timster
Newb

Postby T-MAN » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:50 pm

First of all, you need to find the fish. Start out at an area like a point, dro poff, weedbed, eddie, or any structure, or where you have an idea where the fish are. Are you fishing in clear or murky water? If murky, i would buy a flasher. If clear, you can sight fish. Stay at a hole about 5 minuites, if they dont show, move on. Pre drill all your holes if you can if your using a power auger, because if fish are in the area, but not at the hole your at, they will likely get scared (especially crappies). Bring a variety of bait and jigs too. I have a tacle box slot full of small jigs for crapies and sunfish (they like the small ones around here), and larger jigs and swedish pimples for perch and walleyes. Somedays they like whole minnows, some days just the heads. Or maybe spikes/maggots. You never know till you try
T-MAN
hunter

Postby Kurt » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:15 pm

That is exactly what i would do. the chuby darter has been the go to lure this year.
Locked and Loaded
Kurt
hunter

Postby jaysweet3 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:54 am

Small jigs and keep moving until you find th fish. Do you have a camera or a vex?
jaysweet3
hunter

Return to Fishing