Duck Hunting Forum banner

What you been catching?

4K views 35 replies 17 participants last post by  lillusk3 
#1 ·
Here is the 8 pounder that I've got hangin on the wall right now. I caught her last April on a buzzbait. She was all out of eggs, so she would have been a little heavier. She was a bucketmouth, though, and my biggest bass to date.

[siteimg]593[/siteimg]

#7 ·
I havnt gone out this year..... no time, Id rather spend my time at work makin money so I can get duck hunting stuff, and of course truck parts (like duct tape :thumbsup: )

Unless you count ice fishin.......
-Stouff

#9 ·
gahunter said:
What are whipers? :help:
Combo between a white Bass and a striper. I believe. I caught a lot of them as a kid in a lake in Oklahoma. strong fighting things. You can have a lot of fun catching 2 pounders all day long.

#10 ·
That Lake was probably Grand Lake. Full of them. They do fight very hard. We use ultra-lite gear when fishing for the crappie, small mouth etc.. The white bass and whipers feed on the same type of baits and you never know what you'll get. 2 weeks ago I broke my ultr-lite trout rod on a 2 pound whiper. He fought like a 10 pound black bass. They're a blast to catch.
:salude:

#15 ·
AlaskaRedneK said:
Ace, would that fish have long legs and dance on a pole too? :toofunny:

-Stouff
Damn, here we go again. That was very funny. The worst thing about those kind of "stripers" is that theres no place to put the dollar bill.

You know that would be one ugly mermaid.

#17 ·
Those there "whipers" as you call'em ain't nothing but good old hybrids. Around here a mix between white and striped bass are called hybrids. YOu are right, those are some hard fighting sumbitches. :salude:

#24 ·
Way to go snafu, pound for pound I'll take perch any day. :thumbsup:

I just picked up a new Daiwa trolling rod and reel today. You can never have to many trolling rods. The waters worm and the big boys have gone deep.We caught a nice 9lb Northern in about 40ft. We are hoping to get on track with them and pouned on them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.