Gulp! Alive

Fresh and salt water fishing

Moderators: Dogman, WSUWESTON, Montanafowler, MossyGO!, Kiskadinna

Gulp! Alive

Postby water_swatter01 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:02 pm

Has anyone tried this stuff? It almost sounds to good to be true. At 20 dollars a quart Im wondering if it is worth it.
water_swatter01
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:54 pm

Same here. I did pick up some Gulp 3" shad and I haven't caught a thing with them. Granted, I've only thrown a few casts with them, but they weren't a miracle bait by any means. I highly doubt the Gulp Alive bait is either. Every professional angler will say whatever company endorses them has the magic bait that will MAKE you catch more fish, not help but make you catch them. I'm slow to jump on the band wagon especially for 20 bucks. But we'll just see what others have to say.
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby pike_mazter » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:56 pm

Back when I was still working at Bass Pro Shops Berkley gave us a stock pile of gulp. It wasn't the "Alive" version of the bait. We used it and it worked well. As far as more strikes compared to other soft plastics I honestly didn't see the differnce. I used green pumpkin colors in both Gulp and I think Bass Pro brand soft split tail minnows and noticed no difference. A few guys I know that walleye fish use them over the strike king super plastics now. They seem to get more fish with the Alive version.
pike_mazter
hunter

Postby Smackaduck » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:10 pm

We recently made a trip to the gulf to fish for reds and specks and such. We heard all the rave about the gulp alive shrimp and how we shouldnt even bother getting real shrimp. The first day we got into the reds and I decided to pull my shrimp offf and put on an alive I did catch fish on them but on real shrimp I could catch 5 fish for 5 casts where the alive was 2 for 5. :thumbsup:
If they're dumb enough to be lured in by plastic you're really just doing them a favor.

Know your target before you pull the trigger.

Duck Hunting is ALL about the bag.
Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Postby LaRedneck » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:03 pm

Just another gimmick, but bout the only gimmick I've ran across that I use religiously is a product called "spike it" its a colored garlic dip. You can put it on anything but no this that it WILL stain whatever you put it on but A adds color to a bait and be smell to the equation. I love it.
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby #1wingnut » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:11 pm

pro-cure minnow :thumbsup:
I put it on my soft swim baits for striper's.
#1wingnut
Super Moderator

Postby Kurt » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:46 am

Use gulp alive on lake oahe and it is awsome. Catching 50-60 walleyes a day and you are not spending half the time putting new bait on. PWT was just in town and i know of a couplr guys that placed well and that is all they used. I think the proper presentation is the key to it working well.
Locked and Loaded
Kurt
hunter

Postby rockbass » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:11 pm

Upstate ny. I just got a text from a buddy 10 min. ago "Limit of eyes each in 11 min." "You gotta try these gulp leetches"
"Alcohol is not the answer. It is however a great temporary solution"
rockbass
hunter

Postby Grouse » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:10 pm

With the VHS rules this last year in wisco I ve been using um. AMAZING stuff, not only catching but slot size (20-28") on a jig spring now on bottom bouncers. I even put one under my pillow. NO but that good
Nature teaches more than she preaches. There are no sermons in stones. It is easier to get a spark out of a stone than a moral.
Grouse
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:13 am

And how can we be sure you guys don't work for Berkley? :rofl: So it's worth forking out 20 bucks for it?
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Kurt » Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:36 am

Wish that i worked for berkley but just and engineering consultant, but if anyone on here does work for berkley and needs a rep in the mobridge area let me know :biggrin:
Locked and Loaded
Kurt
hunter

Postby clemaire2 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:52 pm

I fish 180 days a year iguide on lake calcasue iv thrown it and i cant tell a diference between it and any thing elts i throw(soft plastics)
clemaire2
hunter

Postby water_swatter01 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:56 pm

Well I have the results. I fished the 3 inch shiner next to live bait and it was a toss up. One day I out fished live bait 5 to 1 the other I was out fished 4 to 1 for walleyes. I was made a believer the first day on the first cast I caught a 13 3/4 in. crappie. Second cast 31 in. northern and all the walleyes I caught were between 16 and 19 inches. But like I said The next day I only Caught one fish and it was barely a keeper.
water_swatter01
hunter

Return to Fishing