rediculous day of fishing

Fresh and salt water fishing

Moderators: Dogman, Montanafowler, MossyGO!, Kiskadinna, WSUWESTON

rediculous day of fishing

Postby huntnful » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:58 pm

well yesterday me and my buddy started fishing at 6 in the morning using buzz baits on a private pond and caught a few and at around 9:30 we threw on chatter baits, and what not. we fished until dark and ended up with 118 largemouth, biggest one being 3. 14. I have never caught so many fish. what are some of your high numbers.
NOR*CAL WATERFOWLER
huntnful
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:31 am

When I was a kid we used to fish below a dam on the Susquehanna river. Numbers like that were common. When fishing was really good we would see how many casts in a row we could catch a fish. Many times it took double digits. It was a combination of smallmouth and rock bass with a bunch of other things mixed in including pumpkinseeds, crappie, channel catfish, walleye, largemouth, trout, carp, suckers, musky, ... Not a lot of size, but a few chunky bass, some decent catfish, a few big carp (actually biting on minnows and spinners) and the occassional fish that screamed line off your reel and never stopped, which was either a big musky or a huge carp.
SpinnerMan
hunter

fish

Postby SUTHERNDUCKHUNTER » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:57 pm

Never caught that many bass in one day! Congrats!
Usually when the fall mullet run is going on down here in florida we'll get into the big bull reds and catch 20-30 in a day ranging from 20-40 lbs...now thats a work out!
JIM
SUTHERNDUCKHUNTER
hunter

Return to Fishing