how to set up jugs, please respond

Fresh and salt water fishing

Moderators: Dogman, WSUWESTON, Montanafowler, MossyGO!, Kiskadinna

how to set up jugs, please respond

Postby forever draggin » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:43 am

Im gonna make some jug lines tonight to go throw out tommorow. hopefully i will catch some cats and some reds. Im gonna make them out of noodles. i have a few questions.

whats the best string to use? crab string?

also what is the best bait to use?

and how long should the line be?

and one last thing, how far under the jug should the hook go? thanks alot
<Severed Ties>
forever draggin
hunter

Postby 919QuackerStacker » Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:06 am

we only use them for cats in the lakes around here no reds... we mostly use 30 to 50 lb test mono with a larger circle hook or worm hook like you would use to texas rig or carolina rig for large mouth bass. we do not normally use a weight but you can to help it sink down, use a 1/2 oz or 1 oz egg weight with a took pick suck in it to "peg" the weight about 6 inches above the hook use a 6 to 10 foot leader or longer if you are goin to be in deeper water we normally fish in water 20 to 25 feet. and we use shad we catch in the cast net cut in half hooked 1 time through for bait. if you can use brim it works best but some state do not allow game fish for bait and in nc brim is a game fish hope this helps
shoot first ask questions later
919QuackerStacker
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:48 pm

We use 2 liter bottles painted half pink and half white with a black stripe in the middle. We tie 80 lb braid and then a swivel sinker and 30 lb mono and throw on a treble hook.
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Fishing