Fishing Pic's: A year in Review

Fresh and salt water fishing

Moderators: Dogman, Montanafowler, MossyGO!, Kiskadinna, WSUWESTON

Fishing Pic's: A year in Review

Postby GroundSwatter » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:55 pm

Overall, I didn't do as much fishing as I wanted to this year, but I came across some pic's and thought I'd share. I moved from Texas to Missouri, so had to hit up all the ponds, stock tanks, and lakes before I left, not to mention visit them with my favorite fishing buddies. Caught most of these, with the exception of the first pic, in the month of July.

Bad day of turkey hunting led to a good day of fishing

3 people, 4 hours, 60 keepers

Not bad for a farm pond and yes I am sporting a shotgun while fishing. Something about me and cotton mouths don't like each other.

Caught that 5lb bass in a stock tank you could cast all the way across.

Caught these bad boys on cut bait in 2 hrs time. Not a bad haul.
It's a fact that 70 percent of the people who purchase heavier tackle do so with the categorical I just lost a huge snook! Einstein Hairdo.The other 30 percent have either Tarpon Fever or are sporting a hand cramped into a claw from a deepwater grouper.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Postby dukhntr » Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:50 am

NIce pile of cats. Not sure theres anything I hate more then seeing dead bass....Hope they taste good. :sad:
dukhntr
State Moderator

fish

Postby allgreenhead » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:28 am

good shooting got a nice bass to go with it :lol: :lol: :lol:
allgreenhead
hunter

Postby duckkilller7 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:03 pm

do you have to kill the game fish ?? :huh:
shawn,
duckkilller7
hunter

Postby spoonerlab » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:23 pm

i dont see anything wrong with keeping a couple of bass as long as they are in season and its all legal if noone kept them they would get overpopulated and all you would have would be small bass. I also personally like fried bass :thumbsup:
spoonerlab
hunter

Postby GroundSwatter » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:46 pm

Bass taste fine. I don't think bass are as good as crappie, but they eat pretty well. I guess most of the people on here are a catch and release guys? How do you manage your fish population unless you catch some fish out?

They put limits on fish for a reason, but as it happens Most of the Bass were caught on a small drainage lake on private land in central Texas (all except the pic with me and the shotgun, that was in NE Texas and I let it go). The water levels fluctuate terribly over the course of a year in central Texas. If you don't catch fish out of it, then they run out of habitat in the summer when it decides not to rain for 3 months. I'm actually glad we caught them out, as central Texas is still in a drought. Last I heard the water level is way down. There is no way all the fish would have survived, so you might as well eat them instead of the buzzards.
It's a fact that 70 percent of the people who purchase heavier tackle do so with the categorical I just lost a huge snook! Einstein Hairdo.The other 30 percent have either Tarpon Fever or are sporting a hand cramped into a claw from a deepwater grouper.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Postby MossyGO! » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:55 pm

duckkilller7 wrote:do you have to kill the game fish ?? :huh:

do you have to kill game birds and big game? To each his own, I appreciate deep fried bass every now and then but I usually throw them back. If everyone threw them back, there would be an over population which would cause havoc on the fishery. My .02 cents
idahofowler wrote: i can shoulder a gun faster than anyone i know. i try to let the people i'm hunting with have the first shot because i can clean house even if i fire last. with instinct shots, no one beats me.
MossyGO!
Forum & State Moderator

??

Postby duckkilller7 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:51 pm

if you diddnt kill them we would be catching big boys not little ones , the bigger the better, never keep a bas and my life , and proud of it, fishing different than hunting!!!!
shawn,
duckkilller7
hunter

Postby Smackaduck » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:19 pm

Good for you duckkiller but fishing is no different than hunting. Species need to be controlled no matter fish or game. Everyones entitled to their own opinion. For the record Ill keep my 10 bass limit any day I catch them, however I dont bass fish much anymore so I just get to look at em while bowfishing. I wish they were legal to shoot sometimes as Ive seen some really nice trophy fish. :thumbsup:
If they're dumb enough to be lured in by plastic you're really just doing them a favor.

Know your target before you pull the trigger.

Duck Hunting is ALL about the bag.
Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Postby duckkilller7 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:58 pm

its alittle different you never here catch and release with hunting right, and yes you are intitled to keep your limit :huh:
shawn,
duckkilller7
hunter

Postby GroundSwatter » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:15 am

duckkilller7 wrote:its alittle different you never here catch and release with hunting right, and yes you are intitled to keep your limit :huh:

Do you ever eat any of the fish that you catch? Crappie are just as much as a game fish as Bass are. Catfish are considered a game fish in most states.

Have you ever owned a small body of water that you yourself had to manage?

Most of those pic's were at a friends place, but at my parents pond, they haven't caught any bass out of it in years. As a result now all we have in that pond are really small bass. Its hard to catch one over two pounds anymore. In large lakes its easier to catch and release without consequence. There is enough food in a large lake to support a large number of fish. On a small pond or lake you have a finite amount of food that can support x amount of fish population. You can sort it out, or you can let the ecosystem of the pond sort it out. If you let the pond sort it out you end up with small fish.

But whatever you say guys, I'm a horrible person. I eat the fish that I catch. I abide by limits on public lakes and manage fish populations on private ponds. How irresponsible of me. From now on I'll follow you guys lead and eat fish that I buy from the super market :thumbsdown:
GroundSwatter
hunter

Postby Smackaduck » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:08 pm

duckkilller7 wrote:its alittle different you never here catch and release with hunting right, and yes you are intitled to keep your limit :huh:

Actually there is catch and release in hunting only on different terms. When fishing there is no way to pick your target, you take what comes up then decide to put it back or not. When hunting you have the opportunity to decide if you want it or not before you catch it. :thumbsup:
If they're dumb enough to be lured in by plastic you're really just doing them a favor.

Know your target before you pull the trigger.

Duck Hunting is ALL about the bag.
Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Postby duckkilller7 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:40 pm

you dont catch what your hunting for :rofl: you kill it the catch in release in hunting you have to (catch) kill it before you release it, you cant release something you kill ???? tell me if otherwise
shawn,
duckkilller7
hunter

Postby Montanafowler » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:38 pm

duckkiller, stop stirring the pot.
Booney3721 wrote:Try being a dishwasher/Grill cook/ellectrition/garbage disposer and your owner/boss is a fat greek woman who cals you names as Retard, stupid, idiot, molocah, f*** face and tard, and tells you that you was the inspiration for abortion and birth control.
Montanafowler
Forum Moderator

Postby duckkilller7 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:25 pm

:thumbsup:
shawn,
duckkilller7
hunter

Return to Fishing