Duck Hunting Forum banner

carp

3K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  PnR_Productions 
#1 ·
it seems funny the ice just melted off afew days ago i was throwing a rapala and and hooked a carp by the lips.i was in a tournament last year and caught 2 on spinner baits crazy.i have caught them on pig&jig and rubber worms.is there nothing they won't hit.

#8 ·
We purposefully fish for them all the time in the summer. One lake they stack up round the fish feeders. When it goes off the actually turn the feeder. Its like hogs at a feeding time. I use a special dough bait recipe grandpa taught me that has been in our family for some time. I also like canned sweet corn. Sometimes there are people hanging around that will go down and unhook them for you. All you have to do is rebait and cast. One morning I quit at 32, I was tired.

edited by mod

#9 ·
Smackaduck, do you bowfish at Toledo Bend??
I just got home today from Toledo Bend and the big boys have moved up into the bushes and pretty much all the shallow water that we fished. There's also alot of garfish too. We fished at 1215 and I don't know if i've ever seen as many as I did this week.

#10 ·
THats what Ive been hearing. We actually had a tourney scheduled for last night but with the weather we didnt make it.

#18 ·
WSUWESTON said:
Ya, the warm weather brought them out. They were crusing around in the shallows. Could have done good with a bow. I have never done that, but will one day. Shoot me a PM if you want any more info on good locations.
Will do man, we need to hunt together again this fall too.

#20 ·
And Im assuming you let those god forsaken fish go back in the water after you catch them. :huh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.