Favorite way to fish for spotted sea trout?

Fresh and salt water fishing

Moderators: Dogman, WSUWESTON, Montanafowler, MossyGO!, Kiskadinna

Favorite way to fish for spotted sea trout?

Postby allnighter » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:35 pm

I like top water and popping corks
allnighter
hunter

Re: Favorite way to fish for spotted sea trout?

Postby LI Black Duck » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:00 pm

We dont get sea trout up by me but we get weakfish. Myfavorite way to fish for them is to use softbaits like Gulp and Powerbait. Mostly shrimp and sandworm, motor oil , red and white colors.
Attachments
me and klein weakfish.JPG
LI Black Duck
hunter

Postby SUTHERNDUCKHUNTER » Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:36 am

My fav. way to fish for trout would have to be poling misquito lagoon around the sandy potholes on the flats. Throwing a free lined shrimp or soft plastic jerk bait is my trick!
JIM
SUTHERNDUCKHUNTER
hunter

Postby clemaire2 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:05 pm

i like fishing them out of the hot grease
clemaire2
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:43 pm

clemaire2 wrote:i like fishing them out of the hot grease

That's what i'm talkin about clemaire!! :thumbsup:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby clemaire2 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:44 pm

we are hammering them right now we been catching good for the last 3 weeks limits almost every day except on weekends way to many dumba## on the lake that think you can fish trout like bass no respect people will drive right next to you just to see if you are catching and God for bid if you catch one where they can see and they will pull up right where im trying to cast and kill the bite and neither one of us will catch any more fish and on the weekend that will happen 5 or 6 times in one day :mad: :mad:
clemaire2
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:43 pm

Hey clemaire..Did you see the mule trout we caught in venice couple of weeks ago on the Louisiana forum? top ten fish weighed in at 5.57 lbs. I was down there fishing same time as Smackaduck and he came by the houseboat to have a beer...the river has shut the trout fishing down..been really spotty. That's ok...snapper season has opened!! :thumbsup:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby RebelFan » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:55 pm

SUTHERNDUCKHUNTER wrote:My fav. way to fish for trout would have to be poling misquito lagoon around the sandy potholes on the flats. Throwing a free lined shrimp or soft plastic jerk bait is my trick!

I was in the Lagoon a few weekends ago after the flood and caught a few on top water.
RebelFan
hunter

Postby clemaire2 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:40 pm

Indaswamp wrote:Hey clemaire..Did you see the mule trout we caught in venice couple of weeks ago on the Louisiana forum? top ten fish weighed in at 5.57 lbs. I was down there fishing same time as Smackaduck and he came by the houseboat to have a beer...the river has shut the trout fishing down..been really spotty. That's ok...snapper season has opened!! :thumbsup:

yea saw them they are some nice looking fish :thumbsup: i ant got on any big ones yet this year never had the right customers to try to fish for some big ones i might have a day off next week but im going to try to go offshore and get on some tripletail

this is todays catch

clemaire2
hunter

Postby backcast » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:26 pm

Leave them alone and catch snook, reds and tarpon. But, if'n I was targeting them, I'd use one of 2 tactics. In the winter (after duck season) The gators go to the shallow potholes in a foot or less and I sight fish them with white bass assassins.
In the deep summer late July, August, I'll use a 4" GULP shrimp on an 1/8 or 1/16th oz jighead and drag it through the deep grass. Don't jig it, just drag... The small ones will chase it if you jig, the momma's grab it when it drags by their faces.
backcast
hunter

Return to Fishing