Best Bait For Mid-Day Bass

Fresh and salt water fishing

Moderators: Dogman, MossyGO!, Kiskadinna, WSUWESTON, Montanafowler

Re: Best Bait For Mid-Day Bass

Postby redhead_2007 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:41 pm

A senko never fails. Throw something dark on banks or by cover, works for me. Usually watermelon with black flakes works best
redhead_2007
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:32 pm

most of the time fish will hit the front end of whatever it is. except of course, when they're short striking and will only hit the back end of whatever it is.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby FlaWoodie » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:06 pm

you should definately try some yum money minnows or the berkeley swimbaits...both pretty much the same but are good. Dont try these if you are trying to be nice to your wallet tho, these baits are expeeeensssiive
You pay for you!

Postby NHDuckHunter » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:50 pm

Here's a good bait for mid-day bass you may like preacher, and being a Christian, you'll appreciate the name.
http://www.316lurecompany.com/baits/hardbaits.html
NHDuckHunter
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:26 pm

I've seen them before. Might not have been the exact same thing, but it was close. Never used them, maybe onea these days though.
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby NHDuckHunter » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:52 am

Preacher1011 wrote:I've seen them before. Might not have been the exact same thing, but it was close. Never used them, maybe onea these days though.

You should definately pick one up, best $300 you could ever spend on a lure. :hammer:
NHDuckHunter
hunter

Postby woodiekiller » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:17 am

Preacher1011 wrote:So I always do really well with bass in the morning and evening but they seem to get lock jaw from about 11am on to about 3pm or so. I usually fish finesse worms rigged with a shakey head, but the mid-day kills me. I get sun burned and don't catch a thing for it until evening comes. So, what should I give a try for mid-day bass and where should I start looking? I'm thinking about fishing a few local tourneys this year and need a good mid-day strategy.

my best bait is simple... a "Zoom" white trick worm. caught a 6 lb 4 oz bass yesterday.
woodiekiller
hunter

Postby CallinForTheFall » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:45 pm

well i am from Ut an we dont have the prime time bass fishin that the southern states have but in my experiences with bass fishin um light green colored senkos work reall well and also booyahs spinners work awesome expecially the perch look alikes.
I should be a banker because im reall good at stackin the bills.
CallinForTheFall
hunter

Postby NHDuckHunter » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:22 am

CallinForTheFall wrote:well i am from Ut an we dont have the prime time bass fishin that the southern states have but in my experiences with bass fishin um light green colored senkos work reall well and also booyahs spinners work awesome expecially the perch look alikes.

One of the best lure manufacturers going now comes from your state. There's plenty of big fish in Utah, you just got to throw something bigger than a senko at them.
NHDuckHunter
hunter

Postby CallinForTheFall » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:47 pm

oh i know there are plenty of fish in the water here but on alot of the waters around here your average bass is around 1 to 2 lbs. I have caught plenty of largemouth and smallmouth bass but i have caught very very few in the 5 lb range.
I should be a banker because im reall good at stackin the bills.
CallinForTheFall
hunter

Postby NHDuckHunter » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:59 am

CallinForTheFall wrote:oh i know there are plenty of fish in the water here but on alot of the waters around here your average bass is around 1 to 2 lbs. I have caught plenty of largemouth and smallmouth bass but i have caught very very few in the 5 lb range.

Like I said, stop throwing the senkos and up your bait size.
www.msslammer.com
NHDuckHunter
hunter

Previous

Return to Fishing