Polaris Ranger??

Camping, Hiking, ATV, Snowmobiling, GeoCaching

Moderator: LaRedneck

Re: Polaris Ranger??

Postby LaRedneck » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:03 pm

The new XD's and XP models are the tits. Better from the ground up. You'll be able to cross levees with no problem and cross rice fields with ease.
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby ks_waterfowler » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:44 am

We run them for prescribed fire. We have some of the older models but are slowly upgrading them. The smaller motor they had in them kinda sucked. The new 700 efi is the cats azz. I can do 45-50 mph loaded with a slip in, 100 gal of water, tools, and crew in the new ones. Get the 6x6 not the 4x4. I have never ever seen a 6x6 stuck and we do most of our buring in moist soil units. I have seen a 4x4 stuck and our 6x6 pulled it out. We also fell through some ice on a burn and I had water over the ops of my boots, but we kept on chugging without an issue. The only UTV to have IMO.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby joshfcb » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:45 am

I bought a 2012 400 about a 2 months ago. I hunt on Mississippi River bottom ground. For the past 3 weeks backwater has prohibited us from doing anything but boating in. Sunday I decided to give it a try since the water had dropped about 10 feet. Farm was dry except for the last 150 yards or so to the blind. Had the ranger loaded with 2 adults, a 90 lb dog and gear. Made it both in and out with water about 5 inches from the seat. I didn't really mean to but the water was deeper than I thought.

I am pleased to report that we made it with no issues, however, I probably won't do it again.

Overall, I am pleased with the 400, however the bigger engine and ability to ride 3 adults would be nice. I would buy the 400 again
joshfcb
hunter

Postby ByersFarm » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:24 am

I've been pleased with my XP. You'll need to run it in low range from time to time depending on how much of a load you're putting on it in the field, but all in all it's a work horse.
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor

Postby 2500hdon37s » Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:25 pm

I would take a ranger over any other utv anyday of the week! our mule sucks for anything but using it for hunting, my friend has a ranger and it down right beats our mule in everything. our mule is an 04 his ranger is an 06, hover the newest mule's are improving.
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Polaris Ranger??

Postby La. Hunter » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:45 pm

For those of you with the 400 ranger, check out my post I have linked below. I highly recommend an additional skid plate.

http://www.duckhuntingchat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1703168#p1703168
La. Hunter
Site Admin

Return to Outdoor Activities