Duck Hunting Forum banner

Buying used ATV have questions

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Rat Creek 
#1 ·
Anyone buy an ATV on Ebay. Looking through ebay you see a lot of 2004 and 2005 4 wheelers for sale decked out at low prices. Anywhere between $2500 and $3000.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005...4612511058QQcategoryZ6726QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Most of the time you contact the seller you find out they are listed out of the country. If you look at the sellers feedback it always says they have excellent feedback. Am I just being too cautious or do you think that it the old saying "if it sounds to good to be true, it is."

#2 ·
There have been to many reports of people getting scammed, most of the time, if you look at their feedback it is usually contains alot of purchased items, usually cheap inexpensive items, and the feedback they have involves a low number of transactions. The premise of their ad usually involves them being out of the country, you wiring the money to them, not thru paypal. If you report the ad to ebay, odds are that it will be gone in a day, and their account deactivated. Just be careful.

#3 ·
I think you are okay doing an ebay transaction with the following restrictions.
1- I would only bid or contact an owner in your area. That allows you to go inspect the ATV, pick it up and bring payment with you.
2- Do not prepay before picking up unless you are totally confident that it is a good transaction. I would recommend you tell them you will bring a cashiers check with you. If the ATV is not as it was advertised or the title work isn't squeaky clean, take your check and leave.

I have had one bad transaction on ebay and I was unable to get any satisfaction. It would have been fine, but I asked a friend of mine to pick up the product for me because he was going to be in that city. When he came back with it, I knew I had a problem. Had I gone myself, I would not have completed the transaction.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.