pleasure boat owners

Camping, Hiking, ATV, Snowmobiling, GeoCaching

Moderator: LaRedneck

pleasure boat owners

Postby shrpshtr » Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:51 pm

***i wasn't really sure where to post this because i am not looking for a duck boat. ***

i have been thinking about picking up a new pleasure boat for the family. anyone here own any deck boats? i have been looking at chaparral (sp) and crownline in around a 23-24' model. they seem to be reasonably priced for the quality. anyway, i was wondering how much room i would need (length-21-22-23-etc.) for a family of 4 with potentially another family tagging along occasionally. i would also like to know how practical the restroom is on these types of boats (i am 6'3" and don't think i can fit in there very comfortably). i really like water skiing, wake boarding, etc. and need a pretty strong motor for that so i was wondering about the 5.0l size range vs. the 5.7l. anyway, anyone's input would be greatly apprecaited. thanks in advance...

shrp
Talk 'em into givin' up!

It's easier to get forgiveness than it is permission!
shrpshtr
hunter

Postby Webfoot12 » Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:43 am

We have a 22' Cobalt bowrider and can easily get 9 people in the boat and you can still pull a skier if you wanted. A 5.0 or 5.7 liter would both be fine. I would not go with less than a 5.0 if you are planning on cruising a lake with several people. Plenty of pony power to pull a skier (salomon or otherwise) and a wakeboarder. Not to mention the waves that sucker puts out!!!

I don't like deck boats. Its just a personal preference in the way they look. I do think they can probably accommodate more people and the bathroom is interesting. I did not know they could do that. Added bonus I guess. I've always just ran up on shore or...well you know. I would imagine it would be a tight fit for you but when you think about, who are they really targeting with that option??? I'm sure the kids and ladies would really appreciate the bonus. I could see it being handy on all-day run-abouts or even an overnighter on the water.

Hope that helps.
Rest in peace my friend... Mocha- Jan 20th, 2001-Feb 1st, 2009.
Webfoot12
hunter

Return to Outdoor Activities