Duck Hunting Forum banner

ATV's ...Whats your brand and why?

29K views 70 replies 54 participants last post by  kcwellington 
#1 ·
With all the new ATV's on the market and Mule type utility vehicles whats been your choice and why. Are the large 700cc+ worth the price?

#3 ·
1995 Honda Foreman 300 (put a rear end in it in 2004) runs like a champ all day long.

I had an '04 Polaris 500, traded it for an '05 Arctic Cat 500; big mistake.
I wasted a year in the polaris, wish I had started with the Cat, would have saved me some money!

I will never buy anything but Arctic Cat. But I highly recommend Honda's.

#5 ·
WE have an artic cat thtat runs really well and the polaris ranger. Polaris ranger is the best atv we've ever owned, prob gonna get another one soon. Also owned some old hondas, yamahas, and suzukis, they were ok too

#7 ·
Yamaha is my choice, mainly because of the service i get from my local dealer(although mine have rarely ever brokedown).and i think the industries best reliability,i just push the start button and it starts everytime,everytime,everytime and since i am not into fixing, tinkering or spending my time stranded in the middle of nowhere...
Iv got a matched pair of yamaha fx 140 waverunners
a pair of yamaha grizzly 4x4 atvs
and a pair yamaha dirtbikes
and a yamaha venture roadbike
and if it snowed where i live id have a yamaha snowmobile
dang i didnt realize it but i could do a commercial for yamaha
well i guess i just did
:thumbsup: yamaha two thumbs up :thumbsup:

#8 ·
YAMAHA, is the way to go, I've had a 400 and a 660 now i have the 660 but yamaha has always been good to me, foor some reason the oil drane plug came out of the motor on the 400 kodiac and it was way outta warrenty and our dealer called yamaha and got them to pay for a complete rebuild or honda makes a great rig to just not as many cool features

#10 ·
We owned a 2001 Honda foreman 450 ES and u couldn't kill it. Dad had no more use for it so he sold it now were let with nothing. Getting a ski-doo this winter though!!
but if i had to choose one...
Argo 8x8... a guy i know just bought a brand new with all the extras it cost him 24 000 CAN. Talk about a machine i'll be having one of them someday for the deer/moose hunts and to go fishing in!!

#12 ·
jpm49878 said:
my ayv is actually an ATC yes i drive a 1985 Honda Big Red. it has never failed me. it takes me to the blind, work, and even doing some DU projects.
Still using the same 250 Big Red we bought new in 1983. Never done anything but change oil and brakes.

#14 ·
Polaris Ranger. We use our for firefighting. Been surmerged in 28 inches of water, rolled on its side, almost burned up (fire got close enough and stalled the engine. Long story but I was really close to getting burned). Today was actually the first problem we have had. The ignition switch finally went bad after 462 hours and probably nearing 700 starts. We just bought a second one for firefighting with the 700 EFI. We have either seen or tried them all the the Polaris was the best suited for our need for high payload capacity, power, 2 person capacity, and durability. Ill post some pictures up tomorrow.

We still have a 97 Honda Foreman that we use for our ATV torch and it runs great also.

#19 ·
I, and my friends, have had Hondas for years. No problems among the bunch.

#22 ·
WOW THATS GREAT HEY. I HAD TO REPLACE THE STARTER, BATTERY, AIR FILTER, AND I DID A LIFTER AND CAM JOB ON IT. LITTLE MAINTENANCE FOR HOW LONG IVE OWNED IT.

smackaduck said:
jpm49878 said:
my ayv is actually an ATC yes i drive a 1985 Honda Big Red. it has never failed me. it takes me to the blind, work, and even doing some DU projects.
Still using the same 250 Big Red we bought new in 1983. Never done anything but change oil and brakes.

#23 ·
THIS IS HOW MANY BIKES I'VE HAD 1984 SUXUKI 4- WHEELER.
SUZUKI 1985 3- WHEELER.
YAMAHA 1984 225 DX 3 WHEELER. RACER
HONDA 1984 BIG RED 3 WHEELER.
KAWASAKI TECATE RACER 3 WHEELER
1982 HONDA 70 3 WHEELER
1985 HONDA BIG RED _____ STILL RUNNING STRONG.

#26 ·
Polaris is the best. Alot of Atvs hold up ok on land but i drive polaris's through rivers all the time and have had the ATV COMPELTELY submerged and it still runs great. My dad and his buddies take them up to canada in some harsh country and ride them there. I cant stress to you enough how much i love them lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.