Geo Caching

Camping, Hiking, ATV, Snowmobiling, GeoCaching

Moderator: LaRedneck

Re: Geo Caching

Postby FrmUSMCducker » Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:01 pm

eXporist 310 _ I just got this GPS and did a review for another site but I think it would be pretty good for Geo Caching even though it sometimes takes a little while to track satellites it will do so in thick woods.

I really did like the look of this unit and the fit of the unit in my hand. I loved the display and how detailed it could be depending on where you were. It is an extremely accurate unit once it tracks the satellites. I would certainly recommend this product to people who have owned GPS in the past. If you have never used a GPS this unit would be a very difficult unit to start with. Those who are generally adept at using technology may not find this unit that difficult to use but with the lack of directions that come with the unit and the counter-intuitive display and menus I don't think that I could recommend this unit for a first timer. The unit does not come with a lanyard but it does come with all the cables needed to load new maps and it also comes with a year of membership for the website which I have not yet visited. I am looking forward to using it more when my next season starts but due to the lack of time I had this unit before hunting season ended I did not get to put it through all of its paces. I have given this product more stars if it were more user friendly.

PM me if you have questions about this unit. Certainly if you are planning to buy one.
FrmUSMCducker
hunter

Postby quack-quack » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:05 am

Not to jack this thread but I've got a Dakota 20 GPS and can't figure out how to measure distances. I can measure a distance from wherever I am at that time but I can't pick two random points on my gps and measure the distance.. any help? I'm trying to get into this stuff but hit a little wall! Ha
quack-quack
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:56 pm

No legand in the owners manual? All else fail youtube it.
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Previous

Return to Outdoor Activities