paintball

Camping, Hiking, ATV, Snowmobiling, GeoCaching

Moderator: LaRedneck

paintball

Postby CALLEMQUACKTN » Tue May 10, 2005 1:21 pm

Who on here likes to play paintball? I just started last year.
CALLEMQUACKTN
hunter

Postby frazier2209 » Tue May 10, 2005 1:36 pm

I love to play.
check out our teams site
http://nobodys.g3z.com :getdown:
frazier2209
hunter

Postby easternshorehunter » Tue May 10, 2005 2:03 pm

i play just about every week over the summer (as long as i have a little cash on me for paint and air)
easternshorehunter
hunter

Postby CALLEMQUACKTN » Tue May 10, 2005 3:23 pm

We have our own big tank of air that will last us about year. All we have to buy is the balls through out the year. We play on a course that we made in the woods behind a friends house.
CALLEMQUACKTN
hunter

Postby frazier2209 » Tue May 10, 2005 5:33 pm

nice call 'em! I used to play woodsball, but once you get your first real game of speedball woodsball seems too boring! :smile:
frazier2209
hunter

Postby SCoutdoorsman » Tue May 10, 2005 11:12 pm

frazier2209 wrote:I love to play.
check out our teams site
http://nobodys.g3z.com :getdown:

Could not see the site it said it was over its limit?

On the other hand we used to play alot and just recently have been talking about getting back into it. Speedball mainly but once in a while we will hit the woods or the junk yard.
Everyone must believe in something and I believe I'll go hunting. When men bond something must die.
SCoutdoorsman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby vikingsfan » Wed May 11, 2005 1:01 pm

I love playin paintball!! A bunch of my friends and I are going monday for some school thing. :getdown:
vikingsfan
hunter

Postby take EM' close » Wed May 11, 2005 4:09 pm

I used to play alot but I kinda quit....it costs too much but every now and again I go out and try to bunker someone!! :yes:

frazier2209- Where are you at in the picture that's right under the words "The Nobodys take 1st in Easley, CFOA! and 1st in Madison, MSPA"?

A couple friend of mine are pretty hard core paintballers...they're pretty good too. :thumbsup:
No other site like honkers floating into you're decoys!
take EM' close
hunter

Postby vikingsfan » Mon May 16, 2005 4:46 pm

i just went today....what a waste of money!!!! It's $4 for 100 paintballs and i used like 200 each round!
vikingsfan
hunter

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Mon May 16, 2005 5:32 pm

I love to play. Me and my buddies have a team called FRT, it stands for: Flame Resistant Twinkies. We are all big into pumps, and "stock" setups, it is alot more fun that way- you save money because you only shoot MABE 1/4 what you would with a semi. I only use 10 round tubes for woodsball, and occasionally I'll give in and use a 45 round hopper for speed ball.

And it is alot more interesting, in that it is more challenging. You have to take yer time, only shoot when you are sure, alot more like a real battle, or even hunting.

Here is my wicked awsome "Gun-Fighter" setup:

-Stouff

By the way- you can check out my teams' site it is:
http://www.freewebs.com/flameresistanttwinkie
Last edited by AlaskaRedneK on Tue May 17, 2005 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs

"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby vikingsfan » Tue May 17, 2005 1:08 pm

that looks like a tight gun! :thumbsup:
vikingsfan
hunter

Postby huntmq1 » Thu May 19, 2005 10:08 pm

When I lived on Long Island, couple years ago, I was a manager at the Cousins indoor field in Happauge. WOW! You should the PRO teams play! 5 on 5 X-ball game would be over in 1-2 minutes. 2 minutes being a long game. Those guys were amazing. They used markers that were easily $1500 (Dye DM4)bare bones before the add ons. Their guns would empty a 240 ball Halo loader in about 10-13 seconds. My gun is a measly $700-$800 gun and I couldn't keep up with them. I just tried to "survive"! It was a fun job and pretty neat atmosphere. Now I live back here in Missouri and don't know what to do with all my gear. Guns, Dye pants, shirts, knee pads, elbow pads and all the rest of the gear.
:salude:
Hey, did you grab the blind bag with the shells when we left the truck?
Safetys, use them: If you can see red, you can get dead!
huntmq1
hunter

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Sun May 29, 2005 12:47 am

HuntMQ1 wrote:....Now I live back here in Missouri and don't know what to do with all my gear. Guns, Dye pants, shirts, knee pads, elbow pads and all the rest of the gear......
:salude:

Send it to me! :laughing:

-Stouff

AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby 870 » Sat Jun 18, 2005 9:53 pm

We have a new gun in the house my son just bought an Angel Rasta 05 speed.Speed ball, woods ball ya were there.

You boys ever hear of Skirmish down in PA? Went last year. We had a blast; I believe there were over 2000 of us ballers there

We were on the blue team, there was people from all over country there, if you get a chance to go do it, you will love it.
State Moderator

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:22 pm

DuffMaN went to "Castle Conquest", somewhere in PA.

They had a great time, mabey next year I'll go w/ them too.

Im not much for them fast paint-wasting guns, just my oppinion. They take the fun out of the game. It becomes less of tactics, and more of who can afford to throw out the most paint....

Thats Just me.
-Stouff

AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby DuffMaN » Sun Jun 19, 2005 3:17 am

Oh, God don't even get me started on fast guns and 'pro' teams. To say the least most pro teams are shameful and are a disgrace to real paintballers and fast guns are propitiating the cycle of the punk/stoner/skater/extreme paintball scene which is none too healthy for the sport in general.

EMR up in Pennsylvania is a great feild and Mike "Blue" Hanse puts on a lot of great scenario games every year, my favorite of which that I have been able to attend is "Castle Conquest"

ANyway here is a link to my site:http://www.freewebs.com/flameresistanttwinkie/

Here is a link to the rockinest oldschool paintball forum ever. The forum has a informal team called the "Carter's Commando" of which I am a member and we play events all over the country (I'm TheJew there in case you were wondering. I'm not really jewish, I just look the part)

And here is a link to my collection of guns:http://www.mcarterbrown.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?action=view&username=TheJew

This forum should get a paintball section going.

edited by AlaskaRedneK
"I hope I don't have any drugs in the ashtray..."
-Drummond Taylor
DuffMaN
hunter

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:38 am

DuffMaN wrote:Oh, God don't even get me started on fast guns and 'pro' teams.

Aint that the truth!

He can talk all day long 'bout that stuff!
-Stouff

AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby Snaph » Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:54 pm

Stouff/ Duffman...I am with you guys on that one. I quit playing paintball for that reason. The last time I played, we were in an open field with a few barriers. I'm out there with a pump getting smeared. These guys had the auto-feed ball hoppers and electronic triggers and all that crap. I want to play in the woods where it takes more than just throwin paint to win.

I'm glad to see I am not the only person to think this way.
Snaph
hunter

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:56 pm

Snafu,

I am too, the mentality among most ballers, is the more paint you can throw out in the less amount of time, the better......

I think that takes alot of the fun out of it.

I like playing in somewhat open areas, but like to play w/ other paint-conserving players :smile:

-Stouff

AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby Gooseboy » Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:08 pm

vikingsfan wrote:i just went today....what a waste of money!!!! It's $4 for 100 paintballs and i used like 200 each round!

Shee man, thats at Adventure Zone. PM me ill give u my number, call me up and well play for free.
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby YosemiteSam » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:04 am

Snaph wrote:Stouff/ Duffman...I am with you guys on that one. I quit playing paintball for that reason. The last time I played, we were in an open field with a few barriers. I'm out there with a pump getting smeared. These guys had the auto-feed ball hoppers and electronic triggers and all that crap. I want to play in the woods where it takes more than just throwin paint to win.

I'm glad to see I am not the only person to think this way.

I have a gun with an electronic trigger and an electronic hopper and i play speedball. i hate woodsball, you pump players are always complaining that it isnt fair, the kids who play with pumps dont know how to play. but i beat people with a semi auto gun with no electics. i hate pumps too, we have new and better guns, its like computers why would you buy an old computer when you can get a new and faster one.
YosemiteSam
hunter

Return to Outdoor Activities