ATVs

Camping, Hiking, ATV, Snowmobiling, GeoCaching

Moderator: LaRedneck

ATVs

Postby DuckSlyer16 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:10 pm

I have been looking to get a ATV for the land and have been looking at the local classifields and saw some cheap ones......

2002 ARCTIC CAT 90 cc its a youth right? would that be to small for a teen? we are just useing it to get up to the top and bottom.. no heavy work or anything unless it could....

or

2006 KAZUMA (what is that?) 110 cc bigger but not brand name... i think.. any one have any of these?

I am 115 pounds and and my dad is like 5'5 and is not huge.... No one big will be using this so would these smaller ones be O.K.?
DuckSlyer16
hunter

Postby duck slayer02 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:12 pm

They wont have the best torque, but they should work if you arent going to be pulling/hauling anything. If you has the extra $$, I would look into getting something a little bigger. Like arould the 250-300cc range. I'm guessing that they arent 4WD either. If its muddy or really soft, you'll really regret getting a 2WD. I use a 600cc 4WD and i wouldnt be able to get to half the places i do with a smaller atv without 4WD. My opinion is to save a little more money and get something a little bigger. It'll prove itself in the long run.

David
"Stephens Waterfowling"
duck slayer02
hunter

Postby cONG » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:24 pm

but you don't need 4wd if you get a small atv becouse you can man handler it and push it out of the mud
cONG
hunter

Postby DuckSlyer16 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:33 pm

Duck slayer... I think i can get a smaller one because I am keeping it on my land and I know it and there are no mud holes or anything...

I have a problem though... to get the the wooded part I have to go up a BIG hill.... I can take a slowly rising slope then hit a REAL steep part... or i can take this road that winds up the hill... taking then windy rode usaully dosnt require 4WD because i can get in algalfa and get more traction...

but 4 wd would be a lot more helpful...

What about 3 wheelers?
DuckSlyer16
hunter

Postby TEAM WEBFOOTPOSSE » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:35 pm

3 whellers arent to greta for hunting

we got a honda rubicon
but were gonna trade it to get a artack cat prowler in about 2 years
waterfowler20 wrote:
getemducks wrote:I am new to this but I think what you have there is a duck. :huh:

Are you crazy! That ain't no duck, thats one of'dem cackler gooses! :hi:
TEAM WEBFOOTPOSSE
hunter

Postby DuckSlyer16 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:57 pm

How arent they great? Dangerous or what... Again I am just getting up to the top of the hill and back....
DuckSlyer16
hunter

Postby DuckSlyer16 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:15 pm

well that idea is going out the window... we decided its either we get a 18 ft boat with a 25 HP Stump Buddy... or a smaller purchase but not as useful, a ATV... I choose boat!
DuckSlyer16
hunter

Postby TEAM WEBFOOTPOSSE » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:28 am

:thumbsup:
waterfowler20 wrote:
getemducks wrote:I am new to this but I think what you have there is a duck. :huh:

Are you crazy! That ain't no duck, thats one of'dem cackler gooses! :hi:
TEAM WEBFOOTPOSSE
hunter

Postby dukhnter7 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:53 am

What about 3 wheelers?

The problem with 3 wheelers is that you can't get them with 4WD! :rofl:
dukhnter7
State Moderator

Postby GA Quackhead » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:10 am

Three wheelers are very dangerous and prone to roll over especially on hills like you have described. :eek: That is the reason they are no longer made. We even had several DNR rangers killed on them in GA when they had them for service. If you decide to buy something later, get a Honda. You can find used Fourtrax, Recon, or Rancher models for reasonable prices that will do all you need. We run a early 90 model fourtrax 300 2wd on our farm in GA. And it really handles work and fun well. Don't buy off brands, they are extremely hard to get parts for (and you will need them). Buy something a little bigger than you think you'll need. Afterall, you will get bigger, and trying to sell a little one and buy another will be a pain.
Lake N Biskits Blonde Roux "Gravy"
"Leave nothing for the judges to judge!"
GA Quackhead
hunter

Postby The Cat Island Drake » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:35 pm

I have always had three wheelers and four wheelers. I have a 2002 Honda Rancher 4x4 it has been through hell and back and it keeps going strong. I float it a cross sloughs and shallow flat bottom lake's. It's been drowned out so many times that I can't say any more. I don't know about all those other bikes but Honda is one hell of a bike in my book.
There just ain't nothin' like a mornin' woody!
The Cat Island Drake
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Smackaduck » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:59 pm

Three wheelers dont kill people unexperienced riders do. They are no more dangerous than a dirtbike or a 4 wheeler in my opinion. I have rode them my whole life and still own a 1982 model Big Red that will do all I need to do, mind you all my escapades are done out of the boat. I have raced three wheelers at 65+ mph with no casualties. Knowledge and understanding is priceless.
If they're dumb enough to be lured in by plastic you're really just doing them a favor.

Know your target before you pull the trigger.

Duck Hunting is ALL about the bag.
Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Postby rsncain1 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:03 pm

Get on ebay and find you an early 90's Honda Four trax. They are indestructable. I have a 93 and I can't kill it. That model is the most reliable model four wheel honda or IMO any company made.
rsncain1
hunter

Re: ATVs

Postby jimmydetectors09 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:27 am

Among all the detecting activities, gold metal detecting is the most interesting one. It can not only relax both our mind and body, but also give us a big fortune if we are lucky enough. Next time when you feel bored, you can pick up a gold detector and have a try.
jimmydetectors09
Newb

Re: ATVs

Postby Chloecray » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:57 am

Althouhgh off topic here, really glad to find someone of the same interest to me. I use a metal gold detector and search old abandoned home steads,crop fields,public parks and beaches in hopes of uncovering some long lost piece of the past. For me it's not about the gold,silver and other riches....it's about the rush I get when I uncover something that has been lost for years and knowing that I am holding something that at one time was held by the people who helped form this great nation...whether it be a lost piece of military history or a personal item of a man or woman who remembers what it was like when you had to actually had to put effort into day to day living
Chloecray
Newb

Return to Outdoor Activities