Help-Lookng 4 Gun Friendly location for a wknd or FT home

Camping, Hiking, ATV, Snowmobiling, GeoCaching

Moderator: LaRedneck

Help-Lookng 4 Gun Friendly location for a wknd or FT home

Postby 12gaugeLarry » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:14 am

Hi, I hope I picked the right forum to ask this question. I'm looking for land (5-20 acres) to shoot my guns on that is within 30-45 minutes of good fishing, hunting and snowmobile areas. I live 30 miles West of Chicago but I can be in Wisconsin, Indiana, or central Illinois in 2 hours. Employment is still good here in Illinois but my county and state are increasingly anti-gun. I want to be able to keep my AR-15 that my dad bought me as a gift so I might have to keep it out of state at a vacation or weekend home. I'm leaning towards Wisconsin ONLY because I'm familiar with the Hayward, Birchwood, Lady Smith areas. Anyone have a suggestion where I could find safe, cheap land with lower taxes where I could shoot my guns in piece and go fishing with my friends on the weekends? I'm open to any state that would be pro gun. I'd like to start my search in Wisconsin because I'm familiar with it but I'm open to any state. I'm 20 minutes from O'hare airport -if I have to fly there I can deal with that.
It might end up being cheaper than driving with gas being what it is. I'm open to almost any possibility here. The land has to be affordable. I'm not even looking for a house on the land at this point-lost ALOT of money in the stock market. Just a 5-20 acres in the middle of no where but within an hours drive of good fishing, hunting, snowmobiling areas and an expressway or major airport.
Any recommendations you might have I'd appreciate.
Thank you, Larry
Larry
12gaugeLarry
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:10 am

Not to many people check this forum so you might want to post this in the respective forums ie. the Wisconsin, Indiana, and Illinois.
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Outdoor Activities